Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Not able to mount NFS share on client side Post 302596943 by srinathk on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 06:08:07 PM
Old 02-08-2012
thats not the client's IP it is the IP address of the Host server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unable to mount NFS share during boot

Hello Everyone, I have a pseries machine running AIX 4.3.3 that has an invalid IP in /etc/hosts. During a boot the system hangs because it's trying to mount an NFS share to this invalid IP. I've tried to boot the system from a mksysb (not sure if the device was defined as rmt0) and AIX CD... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlslhills
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Web Development

NFS Share & Mount problem

Hi, I want to mount an NFS Shared folder on Windows XP to vxWorks. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the sharing. Now, when i try to mount the directory onto vxWorks (it runs on a Tumbleweed card), using a mount script (.sh), the following is the print i see on Tera Term: hostAdd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmayzen
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS client-side userid mapping

Folks, I am trying to solve the following problem. I have a process on machine A running as root that needs to mount and access an NFS partition being exported from machine B. However, I cannot have 'no_root_squash' option given on B, hence I see NFS requests from machine A end up as 'nobody'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helpmelearn
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

8. SCO

Cannot mount NFS share (FreeNAS) onto SCO OpenServer 5.0.6

Hi! All, I am trying to mount a NFS share on my FreeNAS system onto my SCO OpenServer 5.0.6. I get the following error: mount: cannot mount /: Connection Refused (error 115) Has anyone been able to do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
cldap_search_s(3LDAP)					      LDAP Library Functions					     cldap_search_s(3LDAP)

NAME
cldap_search_s - connectionless LDAP search SYNOPSIS
cc[ flag... ] file... -lldap[ library... ] #include <lber.h> #include <ldap.h> int cldap_search_s(LDAP *ld, char *base, int scope, char *filter, char *attrs, int attrsonly, LDAPMessage **res, char *logdn); DESCRIPTION
The cldap_search_s() function performs an LDAP search using the Connectionless LDAP (CLDAP) protocol. cldap_search_s() has parameters and behavior identical to that of ldap_search_s(3LDAP), except for the addition of the logdn parameter. logdn should contain a distinguished name to be used only for logging purposed by the LDAP server. It should be in the text format described by RFC 1779, A String Representation of Distinguished Names. Retransmission Algorithm cldap_search_s() operates using the CLDAP protocol over udp(7P). Since UDP is a non-reliable protocol, a retry mechanism is used to increase reliability. The cldap_setretryinfo(3LDAP) function can be used to set two retry parameters: tries, a count of the number of times to send a search request and timeout, an initial timeout that determines how long to wait for a response before re-trying. timeout is specified seconds. These values are stored in the ld_cldaptries and ld_cldaptimeout members of the ld LDAP structure, and the default val- ues set in ldap_open(3LDAP) are 4 and 3 respectively. The retransmission algorithm used is: Step 1 Set the current timeout to ld_cldaptimeout seconds, and the current LDAP server address to the first LDAP server found during the ldap_open(3LDAP) call. Step 2 Send the search request to the current LDAP server address. Step 3 Set the wait timeout to the current timeout divided by the number of server addresses found during ldap_open(3LDAP) or to one second, whichever is larger. Wait at most that long for a response; if a response is received, STOP. Note that the wait timeout is always rounded down to the next lowest second. Step 4 Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each LDAP server address. Step 5 Set the current timeout to twice its previous value and repeat Steps 2 through 5 a maximum of tries times. EXAMPLES
Assume that the default values for tries and timeout of 4 tries and 3 seconds are used. Further, assume that a space-separated list of two hosts, each with one address, was passed to cldap_open(3LDAP). The pattern of requests sent will be (stopping as soon as a response is received): Time Search Request Sent To: +0 Host A try 1 +1 (0+3/2) Host B try 1 +2 (1+3/2) Host A try 2 +5 (2+6/2) Host B try 2 +8 (5+6/2) Host A try 3 +14 (8+12/2) Host B try 3 +20 (14+12/2) Host A try 4 +32 (20+24/2) Host B try 4 +44 (20+24/2) (give up - no response) ERRORS
cldap_search_s() returns LDAP_SUCCESS if a search was successful and the appropriate LDAP error code otherwise. See ldap_error(3LDAP) for more information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap(3LDAP), ldap_error(3LDAP), ldap_search_s(3LDAP), cldap_open(3LDAP), cldap_setretryinfo(3LDAP), cldap_close(3LDAP), attributes(5), udp(7P) SunOS 5.11 27 Jan 2002 cldap_search_s(3LDAP)