Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to grep a portion of line Post 302596942 by proactiveaditya on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 06:07:37 PM
Old 02-08-2012
Now i want a script that will scan the mysql.log file and if it finds 5 consecutive instances of the same line then it would execute certain commands.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

erasing portion of line with sed

hi, I'm trying to use sed to erase everything, and including the ending parenthesis. For example: input: blah blah blah (12355)this is what i want. output: this is what i want. how would i do this? i found an example online that does the opposite: sed \"s|test.*||g\" file1 > file2"; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammaman
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

erasing portion of line with sed (only once)

hi, I'm trying to use sed to erase everything, up to the first parenthesis. for example: input: blah blah blah (aldj) test (dafs) test test. output: (aldj) test (dafs) test test. how would i do this? I was fooling around with the parenthesis, and i only got it to apply on all parenthesis.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gammaman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a portion of a line using shell scripting

Hi all, I am new to awk programs.I have a file like this 1234567@2345||adcbdefhij: asgdfdasdfhhfd-asdfasd-dsfasdf |0.678|0.0|0.213 1234567@2345||adcbdefhij: ashhfd-asdfasd-dsfasdf |0.129|0.0|0.411 1234567@2345||adcbdefhij: asd-aasd-dasdf |0.223|0.0|0.276 I want to delete the text which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loy81
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a portion of a line

Hi, I am facing a little problem... I have a line like this : asdcvashfasashXXXXxxxzxcadd:sdcashjqdasdsmgdkdaxdsnd; I want to print just a portion of line i.e starting from left 5 characters from ":" and upto ";" i.e. in this case it would be "xcadd:sdcashjqdasdsmgdkdaxdsnd;" The length of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep certain portion from the file

Dear Friends, Here I am with another difficulty. I have a flat file from which I wanna grep following pattern. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Statement Date : Blah blah Blah blah Blah blah Blah blah... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep a portion of the log file

I want to grep a portion of the log file. grepping a particular pattern and including 10 lines before that and after that occurence. grep -n "SomeString Pattern" filename 10 lines before this occurence and 10 lines after that. Please help. Need the simple script not in awk or sed. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainipardeep
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print portion line in SED

Hi, This is more a theoretical question, because I usually solved that with perl or even java, but I would like to know if it exists an easy way to do it with SED. Using regular expresions it's very easy to select an portion line. Does it exist an easy way for printing those portions in SED?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: islegmar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grab Portion of Output Text (sed, grep, awk?)

Alright, here's the deal. I'm running the following ruby script (output follows): >> /Users/name/bin/acweather.rb -z 54321 -o /Users/name/bin -c Clouds AND Sun 57/33 - Mostly sunny and cool I want to just grab the "57/33" portion, but that's it. I don't want any other portion of the line. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: compulsiveguile
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to display portion of a line

Thanks a lot for the code and the explanation. Now my final requirement. I have uploaded 3 files as attachment. Please open the files in Editplus or any other text editor which keeps the formatting. GMDCOM.27936.log.txt------I want to pick only Process request from this file.(Please check... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I separate a portion of a file name to use grep on?

I'm trying to write a script that takes a file name in the form of Name_Num1_Num2.Extension and I want to separate the name portion and then use grep to see if that name part has any illegal characters in it. I already have my grep command written and it works, I'm not sure how to separate the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
5 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql - A mysql specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of MySQL. METHODS
Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. If the insert succeeds, returns the id of the insert, otherwise, returns a Class::ReturnValue object with the error reported. SimpleUpdateFromSelect Customization of "SimpleUpdateFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Mysql doesn't support update with subqueries when those fetch data from the table that is updated. DatabaseVersion Returns the mysql version, trimming off any -foo identifier CaseSensitive Returns undef, since mysql's searches are not case sensitive by default SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT Name FROM mysql.time_zone_name; Read docs about keeping timezone data up to date: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/time-zone-upgrades.html AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
DBIx::SearchBuilder, DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::mysql(3pm)