Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gnu parallel and awk syntax quotes Post 302596931 by radoulov on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 04:43:22 PM
Old 02-08-2012
Try this:

Code:
... parallel awk \'NR == 1 \{ \
  print \$2, \$1, \$3, \$4, \$7, \$9, \$10, \$12 \
  next \
  \} \
  \$5 == \"ADD\" \{ \
    print \$2, \$1, \$3, \$4, \$7, \$9, \$10, \$12 \| \"sort -gk8\" \
    \}' OFS=\'\\t\' {1}_fileA.assoc \> {1}_fileA.assoc.ADD

Or just put your awk code in a script file and make your life easier Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single v. double quotes in sed (GNU utilities for Win32 version)

I'm using sed for Windows at a WinNT command prompt. Wrapping the expressions with single quotes doesn't work. I have to use double quotes. Is this the norm for the Windows implementation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daddydojo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parallel processing using AWK program

Hi All, could any expert tell me about writing a parallel processing program using AWK program is possible or not? Any example would be much appreciated... With Regards / Mysore Ganapati :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1 | advanced regex syntax

Hello, I'm working on unix with grep (GNU grep) 2.5.1. I'm going through some of the newer regex syntax using Regular Expression Reference - Advanced Syntax a guide. ls -aLl /bin | grep "\(x\)" Which works, just highlights 'x' where ever, when ever. I'm trying to to get (?:) to work but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

quotes using awk

i want to print the statement below using awk,but i am unable to get the quotes ("22345",1,"Thank you"); How can i do this (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue with quotes in mysql command for a bash script

i'm trying to write a bash script that executes a mysql statement mysql -sN -e INSERT INTO "$database"."$tableprefix"users (var1, var2,var3) VALUES (123, '1','') i don't know where to put the quotes it doesnt work with this one: ` it seems i can only put double quotes around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk without quotes

I want to execute awk command without quotes. who am i | awk {'print $2'} above code should be something like: who am i | awk {print $2} Why such weird requirement? Im assigning command to a variable, hence i need to escape the quotes. e.g: x='who am i | awk {\'print $2\'}' I want... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Print where value is in quotes

Hi All, I have input data like follows: "1234"|"ABC" "1234"|"CBA" "1222"|"ZZZ" I am trying to awk print all records where Col1 = "1234". Below is the code I have so far: Var1=1 Var2=1234 awk -F "|" "$ ${Var1} == "\"${Var2}\"" { print; }' inputfile However when the AWK... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RichZR
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using quotes in awk

Hello, i had a problem running a script , and after investigation found its all to do with the quotes: cat file1 line1 val1 val2 line2 val1 val2 line3 val1 val2 awk 'BEGIN {RS="\n\n"; FS="\n";} {print $1 $2}' file1 This gives me the wrong output: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy391791
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python GNU parallel single command on multiple cores

Hello, I have a 4 core machine. Here is my initial script cd /work/ python script.py input.txt output.txt 1 2 3 This script runs for 1.5hrs. So I read across the web and figured out that you can use GNU parallel to submit multiple jobs using parallel. But I am not sure if I can run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies
POSTFIX-ADD-FILTER(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     POSTFIX-ADD-FILTER(8)

NAME
postfix-add-filter - add filter service to Postfix master.cf SYNOPSIS
postfix-add-filter [smtp service name...] [smtpd port...] DESCRIPTION
The postfix-add-filter(8) command adds an smtp service named smtp service name and and smtpd server listening on smtpd port to etc/post- fix/master.cf to facilitate integration of SMTP filters such as amavisd-new or clamsmtp. The configuration is based on the upstream recom- mendations for amavisd-new 2.6.0. Adminstrators should verify it is appropriate for their requirements. The original file is copied prior to modification and left in /etc/postfix to make it possible to revert changes easily. Available in the Debian package for Postfix version 2.5.3 and later. DIAGNOSTICS
If the given smtp service name or smtpd port already appear in the master.cf, a message will be printed to standard out and master.cf will not be modified. ENVIRONMENT
MAIL_CONFIG Directory with Postfix configuration files. The postfix-add-filter(8) command should use this, but it currently doesn't. It is hard coded to /etc/postfix. This should be changed. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
None FILES
/etc/postfix/master.cf SEE ALSO
postconf(5), Postfix configuration LICENSE
This software is licensed under the MIT open source license. AUTHOR(S) Scott Kitterman <scott@kitterman.com> POSTFIX-ADD-FILTER(8)