Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Prize of being an Admin
The Lounge War Stories Prize of being an Admin Post 302596926 by admin_xor on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 04:30:04 PM
Old 02-08-2012
Well said zxmaus and Neo! Lesson learned!!

I used to think why all of the senior admins were so lifeless. And here I am, always ready to dive into any problem with extra zeal!! But now I know, I need to be controlled and there's a reason why seniors are indifferent on things. Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fresh admin

hi everybody i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin... please tell me from where do i have to begin... best regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Tape Admin

Tape: Need tape library help please. Need to configure a remote admin card in the L100. Anything helpful.....thxs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwinix77
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

note for admin

i left a message for admin in the wrong thread.. it is in the what is on your mind thread since i can't move it or delete it.. i thought I would mention that I meant it to be in this thread.. sorry about the mistake.. thanx for your patience moxxx68 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. War Stories

Prize of being an Admin - Part 2

I was reading this thread of admin_xor Prize of being an Admin and thought will share this experience of mine which is kind of opposite to what he did - I didn't tell anybody what happened :D We were porting one of the subsystem from Solaris to Linux. As part of that we developed many wrapper... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
23 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
cfengine(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       cfengine(8)

NAME
cfengine - network configuration engine SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cfenvgraph [options] COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
--help --file Override default input database --erasehistory Erase machine-learned history of named traces. Comma separated list (no spaces) --outputdir override name of output directory --titles Generate titles in output data files for traces --timestamps Add time stamps to output directory --resolution Maximum output resolution (default is smoothed over each hour). --separate Plot separate output files for each trace. --no-error-bars Do not add uncertainty margins to output. --no-scaling Do not renormalize graphs for convenient representation --now Show data for last four hours only in high resolution. --verbose DESCRIPTION
cfengine is a language based system specifically designed for testing and configuring unix-like systems attached to a TCP/IP network. Cfenvd is part of the anomaly detection subsystem for cfagent. cfenvgraph is a research tool for extracting graphs of the learned history of system performance from the learned database. Users are referred to the web page http://www.cfengine.org/confdir/cfenvgraph.html for an explanation of this graphical tool. AUTHOR
Mark Burgess, Oslo University College INFORMATION
http://www.cfengine.org Maintenance Commands cfengine(8)