Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Use of Capabilities
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Use of Capabilities Post 302596849 by Corona688 on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 11:57:47 AM
Old 02-08-2012
Priority is not a "go faster" button. Increased priority isn't going to do a lot on an idle system.

My suggestion would be to revert to what you had before, or consider what scheduling options you have set in your kernel.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Capabilities?

We are looking into buying a new software, billing software that is, and want to know if you can run that on the same UNIX server as another major software? Is there a limit to the different types of software Unix can run, or is it like windows where you can install as many as you like? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

p570 Capabilities

Hi there. I've been tasked with making a new design for our Unix systems :eek: Now the question I have is; How many LPARs can a p570 hold WITHOUT using a VIO Server. Many Thanks Kees (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KeesH
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Adding capabilities to an RPM

Hi. I downloaded a package that could only be installed on RHEL5, and not 4 or 3, so I got the source in order to compile it on RHEL 3 so hopefully it will work on all versions. So I have the source for a working package, but when I build it in RHEL 3 and then try to install it in RHEL 5, it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boaz
6 Replies

4. SCO

Slow Processing - not matching hardware capabilities

I have been a SCO UNIX user, never an administrator...so I am stumbling around looking for information. I don't know too much about what is onboard in terms of hardware, however; I will try my best. We have SCO 5.07 and have applied MP5. We have a quad core processor with 4 250 GB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atpbrownie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux capabilities discussion

Hi I'm trying to compile my linux kernel with CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES=y. any idea what this thing does ?? Also another question , If I compile the kernel that I'm currently using , what'll happen ? ~cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leghorn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CentOS7 restoring file capabilities

Quite an obscure question I think. We have a rebuild process for remote sites that allows us to PXE rebuild a till (actually a PC with a touch screen and various fancy bits) running CentOS. The current CentOS5 tills work just fine with a tar image restore and some personalisation. Sadly,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
4 Replies