Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nawk won't accept comma as delimiter Post 302596751 by kalpeer on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 08:07:23 AM
Old 02-08-2012
try this
Code:
nawk -v OFS="\," '{print $0, FNR "_" $1 ".txt"}' myfile

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-08-2012 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mandrake 8.0 experts...how come it won't accept changes to security settings??

well after a possible hack last week that was a pain in the as* i have reinstalled and i am setting up my security settings before i connect to the internet this time... problem is that when i try to change the security setting using in the control setting the left panel (where the change is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp won't accept a destination with spaces...

Hello I'm on Tru64 unix 5.1.a I'm trying to execute rcp command like this rcp testfile "user@host.com:/pub/Sales/Sales Reports" and I'm getting an error message rcp: ambiguous target copy works fine if I just put underscore in the destination directory, like Sales_Reports... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trusevich
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,nawk,sed, delimiter |~|

RECORD=NEW|~|VENDORN=LUCENT|~|VENDORM=CBX500_REAR|~|NETWORK=ATM|~|SUBNETWORK=N/A|~|SITE=CIL|~|REGION=KN|~|COUNTRY=PS|~|SWITCH=SWITCH1|~|E THERNET=N/A|~|LOOPBACK=N/A|~|SHELF=N/A|~|SLOT=14|~|SUBSLOT=N/A|~|STSCHAN=N/A|~|PORT=S14|~|DS1SLOT=N/A|~|LINE=N/A|~|LPORTID=N/A|~|CARDDESC=N/A|~|CARDTYPE=BAC2RT0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 install won't accept IP address

Hi I am trying to debug an issue with an automated install I have set-up. So to start I just ran a simple ok; boot cdrom - install but when it came to the IP address field it would only take the following format 123.123.123.12 and would not let me enter the last digit Anybody got any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data into Comma Delimiter.

Hi, Requirement: Exporting data from Oracle to UNIX into "Comma" delimiter. Help Needed: I was able to connect to Oracle and import the data. But please let me know while importing the data I need to make it into Comma delimiter flat file. For Example: Source Data - 100 ABC TLead... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Comma delimiter coming inside the data.

Hello, I am having flat file (Comma Delimiter) and the data in the file is as given below. EMPNO, ENAME, DESIGNATION, SALARY 10979, Arun Kumar, Cosultant, 35000 13555, Bidhu Shekar, Senior Consultant, 45000 15000, Kiran, Kumar, Senior, Consultant, 40000 If... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma

How can i make a tab delimiter file to a comma delimiter??? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the delimiter from Comma to Pipeline

Hello All, I need to convert a csv file to pipeline delimiter file in UNIX. The data in file itself contains comma with double qouted qualifier apart from the comma separator. Let me know how to do it. Appreciate any help if awk can be used to do it. Mentioned below is the sample record of... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma delimiter by newline

The input file is as below AR,age,marks,roll,section,evin,25,80,456,A,atch,23,56,789,B,eena,24 ,78H245,C,Ps,ot,ecessary,hat,ame comes first then age and rest AR AZ,kevin,25,80,456,A,Satch,23,56,789,Satch,23,56,789,B,Meena,24,78,H245,C,AZ ................ ................ I am writting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)