Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create database using Backup file Post 302596730 by Habitual on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 06:55:47 AM
Old 02-08-2012
terminal >
Code:
mysql -uroot -p <db_copy> < /path/to/file.sql

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup of Product Database

HI, I know its scarey me asking this, but system is homegrown and I am just having fun, but at the same time dont want to have tooo much fun where the phrase "little knowledge is dangerous" perfectly fits my actions ;-). I have a couple of packages that are failing to be removed... #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Veritas DataBase Backup

hi , we have a monthly policy for database backups . the database is a huge one about 200 GB in size and every month , we shut down the database and take a full system backup . my question is : Is there a way to know that i have taken a valid backup, I need to do something like a test restore... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
5 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with Database backup

Hi! This is my first post and im not that familiar with UNIX but I'll try to explain my problem.. I have a server here at work running Open UNIX Release 8.0.0 It has a special application on it that I'm trying to run a database backup on. For the last 2 weeks this has failed.. Usually the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TaZ
2 Replies

4. AIX

backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file'

In AIX 5.1, a daily run script that backing up oracle data failed yesterday with following errors: The Tivoli backup of DBPROD failed. What could be the issue, OS, backup or Oracle? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to backup a particular Database in MYSQL?

Hi All, Thanks in Advance!! How to backup a particular Databases..through Bash script!! For example i have 6 databases; Anish linux Software Questions Rhce Google these are the databases i have from that i want to take "Anish" and "questions" database backup regularly.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for backup database

Hello sir, i have used this for taking the database backup 5 * * * * \usr\bin\sh\mysqldump -h localhost -u username-ppassword cms> /home/dbbackup.sql. but it creates a zero size database and in mail it gives error like command not found. Please Help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niva
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with database backup script

Hi, i am very new with linux shell script. my colleague gave a portion of this script, it backups all of your database and there is a option that selects a database that u do not want to include in your backup. what i want is the other way around, i want to select the databases that i only want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makoyski
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create a simple bash backup script of a file

This is the problem: Write a script that will make a backup of a file giving it a ‘.bak’ extension & verify that it works. I have tried a number of different scripts that haven't worked and I haven't seen anything really concise and to the point via google. For brevity's sake this is one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demet8
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing file to create a database

Hi Guys, I have a list a hotels stored in many different text files. This list is kept in the following format: 20/03 Hotel: The Bear Hotel Honey Street Woodstock UK Tel:+44-xxxxxx Rate: 100 21/03 Hotel: The Bush Hotel Nice Street Farnham (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)