Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to estimate time of mksysb & savevg ? Post 302596710 by sraj142 on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 05:19:44 AM
Old 02-08-2012
Question How to estimate time of mksysb & savevg ?

Hi All,

I need to plan a downtime and need know how much time is required to take mksysb & rootvg on LTO4. Following are vg informations...
Code:
# lsvg -l rootvg
rootvg:
LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT
hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/syncd N/A
hd6 paging 64 128 2 open/syncd N/A
hd8 jfs2log 1 2 2 open/syncd N/A
hd4 jfs2 17 34 2 open/syncd /
hd2 jfs2 41 82 2 open/syncd /usr
hd9var jfs2 48 96 2 open/syncd /var
hd3 jfs2 120 240 2 open/syncd /tmp
hd1 jfs2 220 440 2 open/syncd /home
hd10opt jfs2 16 32 2 open/syncd /opt
lg_dumplv sysdump 4 4 1 open/syncd N/A
fslv00 jfs2 12 24 2 open/syncd /fixes
livedump jfs2 1 1 1 open/syncd /var/adm/ras/livedump
fwdump jfs2 5 5 1 open/syncd /var/adm/ras/platform
# lsvg -l prodvg
prodvg:
LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT
loglv00 jfs2log 1 1 1 open/syncd N/A
apps_lv jfs2 1600 1600 4 open/syncd /apps
3g_lv jfs2 480 480 2 open/syncd /prod/3g
db_lv jfs2 2560 2560 7 open/syncd /prod/db
logs_lv jfs2 240 240 1 open/syncd /prod/logs
jn_lv jfs2 720 720 2 open/syncd /prod/jn
inst_lv jfs2 720 720 2 open/syncd /prod/inst
backup_lv jfs2 2560 2560 7 open/syncd /backup

Can you please examin and let me know the approximate time of each of the backup ?

Regards.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to estimate a UNIX process ...

Hi, Does anybody knows how to estimate the duration of a certain process in UNIX? I'm using Sun solaris system and I'm trying to extract some information from a binary file, but most of the time, the size of this binary file is quite huge hence it'll be great if I would be able to know and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mksysb and Savevg woes

hi, i'm having a little trouble with an AIX 5.2 script that i have written and i was wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice on how to append a savevg backup to a mksysb tape, or more importantly where i'm going wrong? i've been trying to get this to work on and off for about a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boredazfcuk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mksysb and Savevg woes

hi, i'm having a little trouble with an AIX 5.2 script that i have written and i was wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice on how to append a savevg backup to a mksysb tape, or more importantly where i'm going wrong? i've been trying to get this to work for about a month with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boredazfcuk
2 Replies

4. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Estimate Transfer Time

Hi, Not sure whether this is the relevant place for such question, but I hope can get some feedback on my question. I have 2 Sun machine. Basically I want to move some data from one box to another box using dedicated fiber connection. I would like to estimate the time required for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user50210
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

7. AIX

savevg/tar/mksysb of server-A on remote tape drive possible ?

Every 3 months we have to do backups (smitth mksysb/lsmksysb + tar) on at least 30 workstations. We have to carry around 2 external tape drives to connect to them. It is a pain to do because it takes at least 3 days to do (evening/night shift) and users sometimes complain that there desk is not put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

8. AIX

aix 4.2: finding out the return code of a savevg/mksysb ?

Am I right to assume that to check the return code of a savevg/mksysb on an AIX 4.2 is with the "$?" ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

9. AIX

sysback - estimate backup size only?

Is there a flag to send to sysback on the command line so it will return the estimated backup size and exit? We're having issues with running to a second tape at a remote data center, and I want to alter the script to exit or add exclusions if the backup is over a certain size. The other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommysalami
0 Replies

10. AIX

savevg - mksysb

Hello, I use commands savevg & mksysb to do backups on an AIX server. Frequently, I have a return code 3. I would know why, but after searches, I did'nt find. If somebody know ... Tell me. Thanks. emetra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emetra
2 Replies
CLOSE(7)							   SQL Commands 							  CLOSE(7)

NAME
CLOSE - close a cursor SYNOPSIS
CLOSE { name | ALL } DESCRIPTION
CLOSE frees the resources associated with an open cursor. After the cursor is closed, no subsequent operations are allowed on it. A cursor should be closed when it is no longer needed. Every non-holdable open cursor is implicitly closed when a transaction is terminated by COMMIT or ROLLBACK. A holdable cursor is implicitly closed if the transaction that created it aborts via ROLLBACK. If the creating transaction successfully commits, the holdable cursor remains open until an explicit CLOSE is executed, or the client disconnects. PARAMETERS
name The name of an open cursor to close. ALL Close all open cursors. NOTES
PostgreSQL does not have an explicit OPEN cursor statement; a cursor is considered open when it is declared. Use the DECLARE [declare(7)] statement to declare a cursor. You can see all available cursors by querying the pg_cursors system view. If a cursor is closed after a savepoint which is later rolled back, the CLOSE is not rolled back; that is, the cursor remains closed. EXAMPLES
Close the cursor liahona: CLOSE liahona; COMPATIBILITY
CLOSE is fully conforming with the SQL standard. CLOSE ALL is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
DECLARE [declare(7)], FETCH [fetch(7)], MOVE [move(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CLOSE(7)