Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting list of IP addresses into a grep command Post 302596700 by balajesuri on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 04:40:08 AM
Old 02-08-2012
Hmmm... It works for me. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.
May be, some random control characters have crept in either your script file or input file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help extracting MAC addresses from List

Hello all. I have a large number of text files outputted from various Netstumbler Wireless Scans; from which I need to extract the MAC addresses of the various Access Points. The Text files look like this: # $Creator: Network Stumbler Version 0.4.0 # $Format: wi-scan summary with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhs23
9 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using Mailx to send to list of email addresses

Im trying to use a shell script to send to a list of email addresses in a txt file. Here is what i have tried but it keeps sending to dead.letter... Success.ksh contains... mailx -s"Night Batch Success" 'cat /Scripts/email_addresses.txt' < /Scripts/email_body_message.txt The email body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aguad3
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to list all the VIP addresses assigned to Solaris server

Hello All, I want to list all the VIP addresses assigned to Solaris server. whats the command we have use on solaris for this? Please help Thanks!! Weblogic Consultant (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weblogicsupport
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

analyzing list with street addresses

Hi List, Could someone please point me into the right direction with the following: I have a file containing a list of street addresses. I need to sort all the street addresses with the same number to a new file containing the street name and corresponding number. So: Strawinskylaan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M474746
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract list of IP addresses from a text file.

I have an xml file with IP addresses all over the show. I want to print only the IP addresses and cut off any text before or after the IP address. Example: Note: The IP addresses (x.x.x.x) do not consistently appear in the xml file as per the pattern below. Sometimes there are text before... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List Contacted Web Addresses?

Greetings. I'm in the process of tracking down an issue with Firefox, and need some way of gathering the actual web addresses which are connected to from localhost. The specific problem centers around the determination/capture of the exact generated app.update.url address formed by the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting parameter list is too long in grep command

Hi i am getting below message while using grep command "The parameter list is too long" grep -i 919716499889 * ksh: /usr/bin/grep: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. please let me know what changes i can do in this command (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
5 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Search email addresses using grep command

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Let's say if we have a file with a lot of information. For example: iiadam otterhedgehog kayleigh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ForeignGuy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for all ip addresses mentioned in all files in a Directory

I wish to traverse all files and folders under a given directory say "/tmp/configuration" and for all ip address mentioned therein. I tried find ./ -type f | xargs grep "*.*.*.*" but it does not populated the correct results. Can you please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sifting out mail addresses with grep and regex

Hi there from a newbie. So, I have this huuuge portion of mail addresses with names interlaced.. looks like: "name1" <mail1@domain1.com>, "name2" <mail2@domain2.com> ... Sometimes there are no names, just mailaddress. My thought was to use regex with grep. I saved the list in file ma and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_xemacs
2 Replies
DH-EXEC(1)							      dh-exec								DH-EXEC(1)

NAME
dh-exec - Debhelper executable file helpers SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec src/libfoo-*.so.* debian/foo-plugins/usr/lib/foo/${DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH}/ etc/example.conf => debian/foo/etc/foo/foo.conf DESCRIPTION
dh-exec is a simple program, meant to be used as the interpreter for executable debhelper config files. It is a wrapper around the various other sub-commands (see below), and will pipe the input file through all of them in turn, using an ordering that makes most sense in the vast majority of cases. The order as of now is dh-exec-subst gets run first, followed by dh-exec-install, so that variable expansion happens before files need to be copied. ARCHITECTURE
dh-exec is built up from three layers: there is the dh-exec utility, its single entry point, the only thing one will need to call. Below that, there are the various sub-commands, such as dh-exec-subst, dh-exec-installs and dh-exec-illiterate, which are thin wrappers around the various dh-exec scripts, that make sure they only run those that need to be run. And the lowest layer are the various scripts that do the actual work. One can control which sub-commands to run, or if even more granularity is desired, one can limit which scripts shall be run, too. See below for the options! OPTIONS
--with=command[,command ...] Replace the list of sub-commands to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly set which sub-commands to use. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. Defaults to subst,install. --without=command[,command ...] Inversely to the option above, this lists all the sub-commands which should not be used. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. --with-scripts=script[,script ...] Replace the list of scripts to run the input through with a custom list (where entries are separated by whitespace or commas). This option will always replace the existing list with whatever is specified. This can be used to explicitly specify which scripts to use, limiting even beyond what the --with option is capable of. The list must not include the dh-exec- prefix. By default it is empty, meaning there is no filtering done, and whatever scripts the sub-commands find, will be run. --no-act Do not really do anything, but print the pipeline that would have been run instead. --list List the available sub-commands and scripts, grouped by sub-command. --help, --version Display a short help or the package version, respectively. SUB-COMMANDS dh-exec-subst Substitutes various variables (either from the environment, or from dpkg-architecture(1)). dh-exec-install An extension to dh_install(1), that supports renaming files during the copy process, using a special syntax. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_LIBDIR The directory in which the wrapped sub-commands reside. Defaults to /usr/lib/dh-exec/. DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR The directory in which the scripts that do the heavy work live. Defaults to /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_LIBDIR/dh-exec-* The various sub-commands. $DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-* The various scripts ran by the sub-commands. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec-subst(1), dh-exec-install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC(1)