Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications how to invoke the mail from unix ? Post 302596652 by saku on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 01:46:13 AM
Old 02-08-2012
how to invoke the mail from unix ?

How to send mail to users from linux machine when ceratin task finished ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

invoke windows datastage dsjob from unix

hello, i have a windows server with datastage. In another machine, unix machine, i have a shell script that need to invoke the datastage dsjob. Can anyone help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mail to personal mail, Strange behavour

Hi. I am running a script on solaris 10 and mailing it to my personal email. the script is ran as user xxx, And i have edited the crontab for user xxx to run the script and mail it to my email account. /network_check.sh | /usr/bin/mailx -s "Network Test" k454@hotmail.com the sript... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke unix variable in SED command

Hi, I am trying tio invoke unix variable in a sed command like below, but it seems to be failing.. a=1 sed -n '$a,$p' file.txt ### Failing but a=1 sed -n '1,$p' files.txt ### Works fine Please help me to fix this... Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjayraghavan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke unix script using c program

hi i want to invoke a unix script in a C program and also return some value from the script to the C program to use that value further. Basically i am doing a Lookup operation in this unix script and returning the looked up data from a oracle database table.. please help me invoke as well... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: somi2yoga
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke webservice from unix shell

How do i invoke a SOAP based web service from a shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rponugoti
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a script in UNIX using Excel Macro

Hi, I am using Send Keys to connect to UNIX server and invoke a script . Is there an alternate way to connect to UNIX server using Excel macro and invoke a UNIX Shell script? Anu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandita.jha
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke scripts in different UNIX env

Hi, Problem Statement: We have 400 shell scripts to be tested and they run over 4-5 different unix environments. All these are run in SUDO mode. My requirement is to Define aliases for each script which accepts the Date & Order ID as a parameter so that I can submit all these scripts from 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chiranjeeva
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a shell script in case mail with a specific subject is received

Hello fellow forum members, I have a script which returns a date (I can design the script to return the value in email), How can I design the script in AIX to invoke another shell script which performs some set of actions. Procmail doesnt work in AIX. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
4 Replies
mlmmj-send(1)						      General Commands Manual						     mlmmj-send(1)

NAME
mlmmj-send - send mail to a mailinglist or similar SYNOPSIS
mlmmj-send [-L /path/to/list | -l listctrl] -m /path/to/mail [-a] [-D] [-F] [-h] [-o] [-r] [-R] [-s] [-T] [-V] -a: Don't archive the mail -D: Don't delete the mail after it's sent -F: What to use as MAIL FROM: -h: This help -l: List control variable. -L: Full path to list directory -m: Full path to mail file -o: Address to omit from distribution (normal mail only) -r: Relayhost IP address (defaults to 127.0.0.1) -R: What to use as Reply-To: header -s: Subscribers file name -T: What to use as RCPT TO: -V: Print version DESCRIPTION
This binary is used to send all kinds of mail to mlmmj managed mailinglists, but can potentially be used standalone for sending mails. The only option that is not self explanatory is the -l list control option: '1' means 'send a single mail' This is used together with -F and -T to send one mail to one recipient. '2' means 'mail to moderators' Used for sending mails to the moderators of a list. '3' means 'resend failed list mail' '4' means 'send to file with recipients' '5' means 'bounceprobe' '6' means 'single listmail to single recipient' BUGS
This manual page is very scarce documentation of the mlmmj-send binary. The reason for this is that it's really not supposed to be used by any human, but only supposed to be invoked from other mlmmj binaries. So in case more documentation is needed, please read the source. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by the following persons: Soren Boll Overgaard <boll@debian.org> (based on html2man output) Mads Martin Jorgensen <mmj@mmj.dk> mlmmj-send January 2010 mlmmj-send(1)