Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Calling array inside awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling array inside awk Post 302596372 by drbiloukos on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 08:05:59 AM
Old 02-07-2012
It works.

Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping a array inside inside ssh is not working, pls help

set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START ssh -xq $Server1 -l $Username /usr/bin/ksh <<-EOS integer j=0 for loop in ${arr} do printf "array - ${arr}\n" (( j = j + 1 )) j=`expr j+1` done EOS # END ========= this is not giving me correct output. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling function inside awk

Hi All, My 1.txt contains some functions fun1() .... .... fun2() .... .... I can call these fun from 2.txt inside awk as below value="`fun1 "argument1"`" awk 'BEGIN {printf ("%s", "'"$value"'")}' I need to modify the above code so that without using the variable to store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling external values inside awk command

I have a code as follows awk ' BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} { n=split($3,a1,"~") split($4,a2,"~") split($5,a3,"~") for(i=1;i<=n;i++) { print $1,$2,a1,a2,a3,date } }' file In the above code I need to add current date(date). How is this possible to call an date or a exported value... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and making an array inside another array

I want to run an awk split on a value that has been pushed through an array and I was wondering what the syntax should be?? e.g. running time strings through an array and trying to examine just minutes: 12:25:30 10:15:13 08:55:23 awk ' NR==FNR{ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using array inside awk

Hi All, I have the following code sequence for reading some bulk file and moving the content to two different arrays. while read data do THREEG_PATTERN=`echo $data | egrep "3G"` if then NEW_THREEG_PATTERN=`echo $THREEG_PATTERN | cut -d " " -f2` ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a method inside awk

Hi All, How do we call a method existing in another file inside awk. After matching a pattern i want to call a method secureCopy that exists in another file, but method not getting called: ls -l | awk -v var2=$servername -v var1=$srcserverpath -v var3=$tgtpath '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing array elements inside AWK

i just want to dump my array and see if it contains the values i am expecting. It should print as follows, ignore=345fht ignore=rthfg56 . . . ignore=49568g Here is the code. Is this even possible to do? please help termReport.pl < $4 | dos2ux | head -2000 | awk ' BEGIN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling one script inside another

Hi, I am calling a script log.sh from output.sh. Log.sh has below pice of code: IFILE=/home/home1/Report1.csv if awk -F, '$6==0 && $7==0{exit 1}' ${IFILE} then awk -F, ' BEGIN{ c=split("1,6,2,3,4,5,6", col) print "To: abc@gmail.com" print "Subject: Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed inside the awk script to replace a string in the array

The requirement is i need to find an array value matching with pattern {5:{ , replace that with 5: and reassign that to same array index and print it. I write something like below and the issue is sed command is not working. If i replace " with "`" the script gives syntax error.how can i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
8 Replies
EVIM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   EVIM(1)

NAME
evim - easy Vim, edit a file with Vim and setup for modeless editing SYNOPSIS
evim [options] [file ..] eview DESCRIPTION
eVim starts Vim and sets options to make it behave like a modeless editor. This is still Vim but used as a point-and-click editor. This feels a lot like using Notepad on MS-Windows. eVim will always run in the GUI, to enable the use of menus and toolbar. Only to be used for people who really can't work with Vim in the normal way. Editing will be much less efficient. eview is the same, but starts in read-only mode. It works just like evim -R. See vim(1) for details about Vim, options, etc. The 'insertmode' option is set to be able to type text directly. Mappings are setup to make Copy and Paste work with the MS-Windows keys. CTRL-X cuts text, CTRL-C copies text and CTRL-V pastes text. Use CTRL-Q to obtain the original meaning of CTRL-V. OPTIONS
See vim(1). FILES
/usr/local/lib/vim/evim.vim The script loaded to initialize eVim. AKA
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head. SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See the Help/Credits menu. 2002 February 16 EVIM(1)