Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX owner Permission changed automatically Post 302596281 by Shirishlnx on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 04:43:40 AM
Old 02-07-2012
u missed -m argument

# useradd -d /home/selva -s /usr/local/bin/bash -m selva

--Shirish Shukla

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission, owner and group

hello I search a script (ksh for Aix 5.3) to save all permissions, groups and owner for all files. Because we work much to change it, and a mystake ......! So i want execute this script to save/ execute permissions for all files. If you have this script, thank you for your help ;) best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

2. Linux

How to changed Permission on Tape

I am unable to backup file on my tape drive # mt -f /dev/st0 status SCSI 2 tape drive: File number=0, block number=0, partition=0. Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x25 (DDS-3). Soft error count since last status=0 General status bits on (45010000): BOT WR_PROT ONLINE IM_REP_EN #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: real-chess
6 Replies

3. Programming

how I know owner of file and its permission through c program

Helo I havea particular file. how I know ownerof the file as well as file permission using c program. Regards, Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically change owner and group

We have a program that when a new account is created using the webpage it creates a new directory on the linux filesystem for the account. The problem is the process that creates the directory is as root user, as I want ftpuser to be able to login I have to manually login and chown -R the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied, but user is owner and has group ownership too

Folks, I have a problem with a particular file, that seems to have some kind of lock on it, that takes around 1 hour approx to timeout. I have used lsof and nothing has an open file handle on it, yet I cannot open it. My user/group owns the file and I can create edit/delete files in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottrus
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files with owner having execute permission

Hi All, I have to search for all files in the current directory where the owner having execute operation. I can find the files with specific permission such as 666 find . -type f -perm 666 But how to find files with only execute permission to user. tried with : find . -type f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
3 Replies

7. Solaris

setfacl don't change permission on group owner

I try to use setfacl command to change the permission of the group primary it does not accept the command , it really accept but don't change the permission on the group. the point here I read that if I use chmod command on group primary the mask changed, but if I use setfacl mask should not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hard_revenge
0 Replies

8. AIX

Syslogs permission not getting changed - aix 6.1

Friends, I've tried to modify the syslogs permission by using the perm option in the syslog configuration in AIX 6.1 TL 05. But its not getting applied after the configuration. Have restarted the syslog service also. Need your help!:wall: The below are the conf details and os versions >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novaothers
1 Replies

9. Linux

Mount point permission was changed

Hello everybody, I have many mount points on my virtual Redhat server, two of them lost their (write) permission, so they became read-only filesystems. I fixed this problem. But I want to know why it happened? What is the reason behind that to avoid it again? Where can I find related logs?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

/dev/dm-? owner changed.

After reboot of redhat 6 server , the owner of /dev/dm-? changed, causing the oracle disk group to show insufficient no of disk. how to identify which dm-? owner is changed.? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivdeep77
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)