Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expired user alert
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expired user alert Post 302596268 by michlix on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 04:22:33 AM
Old 02-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_eon
And if you can please pass on the output / error of the script, don't you think it may help the people around to give the solution steadfast?

Secondly, I could run the script that you posted above, but the passwd file is not there in my system.

Code:

# ls -ltr /etc/security/passwd
ls: /etc/security/passwd: No such file or directory

the error is
Code:
./scriptalertpasswd.sh[7]: echo(7257600 - 691200):  not found.
syntax error on line 1 stdin
./scriptalertpasswd.sh[16]: test: 0403-021 A ] character is missing.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Sending a message to a user when password will be expired

Hi, Does anyone have a script (for AIX) that sends a message to a user that his password will be expired within 5 days for ex. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diederd
1 Replies

2. AIX

HMC User account expired - What now?

I've created an hmc user account for our developers and set a pawword expiry to 30 days. Trouble is when the password expires they are asked to change it in the WebSM gui but it returns an error "XXXX check log file /var/websm/data/....log" which doesn't exist. I've tried resetting the password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backslash
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

4. Solaris

user expired

dear all iam trying to make user expire and it not suceeded with me iam trying useradd -e and it not succeeded (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 user account login expired

Hi everyone Please i need urgent help... I have installed solaris 11 using live media.. then i installed sunray.. every thing is fine.. but after system reboot i am unable to login on server on GUI it gives account expired error or some time authentication failed... but i can log in through... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amk
11 Replies
PASSWD(1)							      OpenSSL								 PASSWD(1)

NAME
passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1 and its Apache variant apr1 are available. OPTIONS
-crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. EXAMPLES
openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password prints xxj31ZMTZzkVA. openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password prints $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a.. openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password prints $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0. 1.0.1e 2013-02-11 PASSWD(1)