Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replacing 1e+ with powers of ten Post 302596240 by pau on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 02:25:25 PM
Old 02-07-2012
Thanks! That did it!

Now... is there a way to remove the leading zeroes?

I mean, transform all 09 08 07 into 9 8 7

That would be perfect

Thanks

---------- Post updated at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:31 AM ----------

Code:
sed 's/1e+\{0,1\}\(-\{0,1\}[0-9]*\)/$10^{\1}$/g' | sed 's/{-0\(.*\)/{-\1/' | sed 's/{0\(.*\)/{\1/'

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Will I lose drivers while upgrading to ten?

I'm running Solaris 8 with a box I just got and it has a VGA connection. Will I lose the VGA driver while upgrading to 10? I don't have a Sun Monitor so if so I'll be screwed. Tia (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing last ten characters from a column

I have a file that looks like this: hsa-miR-517b-4373244 0 4.116 hsa-miR-886-5p-4395304 1.173 1.95 hsa-miR-551b-4380945 1.62 1.722 hsa-miR-886-3p-4395305 1.479 3.074 hsa-miR-125a-3p-4395310 1.246 2.697 hsa-miR-874-4395379 1.985 1.721 I want it too look like this: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: e3r1ck_ETT
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display top ten directories by size

Hi, I am new to Unix. I want to display top 10 folders by size. I tried with du -ksl * | sort -nr | head -10 command .But I am getting the following error -bash: /usr/bin/du: Argument list too long Can some one help me. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retry every ten seconds while lockfile present

Hi, I have written below check lockfile script but need some tweaking on it. If there is a lockfile from present, I need the script to retry every 10 seconds to see if the lockfile is still there. After 120 seconds it should send an email. In my current version, if the script encounters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meert
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute the shell script per ten seconds

hi, everyone. My want to execute the shell script below per 10 seconds PID=`pgrep java` if then /home/java/java fi crontab wouldn't help me. some one can give me suggestions?thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:26 AM ---------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKB48
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential numbering from 1 to ten

Hi I am in a bind, I need create a script that will rename files as they come into a folder with sequential numbering at the begining starting at 1 and proceeding to ten then starting at 1 again. Such as 1_filename.pdf, 2_filename.pdf, 3_filename.pdf, 4_filename.pdf, 5_filename.pdf, 6_filename.pdf,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
6 Replies
XPL2GPL(1)						      General Commands Manual							XPL2GPL(1)

NAME
xpl2gpl - Convert tcptrace-style xplot input to gnuplot input. SYNOPSIS
xpl2gpl [-s] <file_name> DESCRIPTION
xpl2gpl is a utility that converters tcptrace-style xplot input to gnuplot input. This converter gives a nearly perfect gnuplot reproduc- tion of the corresponding xplot graph. OPTIONS
-s Seperate files. If you wish to plot only some data from the xpl file, you may use the -s option, which generates a bunch of data- files filtered based on the color and plotting style. EXAMPLES
xpl2gpl foo.xpl This would produce files by the names "foo.gpl", "foo.datasets" and "foo.labels". Load the file "file_name.gpl" in gnuplot and it should give you the plot. NOTES
xpl2gpl is provided for convenience, as gnuplot is more commonly installed than the xplot package that tcptrace typically expects, and because xplot has not always been available in Debian. If possible, you should consider installing the xplot-xplot.org package and using it instead of using xpl2gpl. AUTHOR
Avinash Lakhiani (no known email address) This manual page was written by Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> for the Debian project and may be used freely and without restriction by others. SEE ALSO
tcptrace(1) Aug 8, 2009 XPL2GPL(1)