Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed append without using new line Post 302596228 by knight_eon on Tuesday 7th of February 2012 01:26:54 AM
Old 02-07-2012
Try something like this:
I will add Eon at the end of the line
Code:
$ cat data
Knight Eon
Hello World
Hello Earth
How is everyone

$ sed -e '$s/\(.*\)/\1Eon/g' data
Knight Eon
Hello World
Hello Earth
How is everyone Eon

This User Gave Thanks to knight_eon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to append character to each line

Hey - my first post here, and I'm a total SED newb. I've looked around for previous help on this, but have so far been unsuccessful. I have a program (AMStracker for OS X) that outputs data in the terminal. Output is in this form: . . . 3 0 -75 3 0 -76 3 0 -77 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0nn0r
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to append text to the end of each line

Anyone know how to use SED to append a comma to the end of each line example: field1,field2,field3,field4 If i Cat /textfile ---- How can i append the end of /textfile with a comman? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redg
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed - append text to every line

Hi all I tried this on an old version of sed on NCR Unix MP-RAS: sed -e "s/$/nnn/" file1 >file2 This file (file1): the cat sat on the mat. the cat sat on the mat. the cat sat on the mat. becomes this (file2): the cat sat on the mat.nnn the cat sat on the mat.nnn nnn the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append line with sed?

Input: gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly Output should be: gstreamer-plugins-good gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-ugly How can it be done with sed? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to append on specific line in password file

I have the a group file and my ftp group line looks like this ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED and Solaris Append line to the end of File does not work

Hello, I have to add a new line at the end of a File on Solaris-System: I think my script should be right, because I evaluated it to other threads. However the script does not what I am expected it should do. My file might look like this: Line1 Line2 Line3 And my script could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timo_HR
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - append line after block

Hi, I posted in another section, but no reply yet. I have an ini file with sections denoted as follows (for example) blah=blah blee=blee bloo=bloo blur=blur blaa=blaa I have ksh script that needs to append a line ${line} to the end of section ${section} I saw this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find and append or insert on SAME line

Hi, $ cat f1 My name is Bruce and my surname is I want to use SED to find “Bruce” and then append “ Lee” to the end of the line in which “Bruce” is found Then a more tricky one…. I want to INSERT ….a string… in to a line in which I find sometihng. So example $ cat f2 My name is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to append word at end of line

hello Team, I am looking for sed command or script which will append word at end of line. for example. I want to validate particular filesystem with mount |<filesystem name> command. if nodev parameter is not there then it should add in the fstab file with receptive to the filesystem. # mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
8 Replies
code(n) 							    [incr Tcl]								   code(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
code - capture the namespace context for a code fragment SYNOPSIS
itcl::code ?-namespace name? command ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Creates a scoped value for the specified command and its associated arg arguments. A scoped value is a list with three elements: the "@scope" keyword, a namespace context, and a value string. For example, the command namespace foo { code puts "Hello World!" } produces the scoped value: @scope ::foo {puts {Hello World!}} Note that the code command captures the current namespace context. If the -namespace flag is specified, then the current context is ignored, and the name string is used as the namespace context. Extensions like Tk execute ordinary code fragments in the global namespace. A scoped value captures a code fragment together with its namespace context in a way that allows it to be executed properly later. It is needed, for example, to wrap up code fragments when a Tk widget is used within a namespace: namespace foo { private proc report {mesg} { puts "click: $mesg" } button .b1 -text "Push Me" -command [code report "Hello World!"] pack .b1 } The code fragment associated with button .b1 only makes sense in the context of namespace "foo". Furthermore, the "report" procedure is private, and can only be accessed within that namespace. The code command wraps up the code fragment in a way that allows it to be exe- cuted properly when the button is pressed. Also, note that the code command preserves the integrity of arguments on the command line. This makes it a natural replacement for the list command, which is often used to format Tcl code fragments. In other words, instead of using the list command like this: after 1000 [list puts "Hello $name!"] use the code command like this: after 1000 [code puts "Hello $name!"] This not only formats the command correctly, but also captures its namespace context. Scoped commands can be invoked like ordinary code fragments, with or without the eval command. For example, the following statements work properly: set cmd {@scope ::foo .b1} $cmd configure -background red set opts {-bg blue -fg white} eval $cmd configure $opts Note that scoped commands by-pass the usual protection mechanisms; the command: @scope ::foo {report {Hello World!}} can be used to access the "foo::report" proc from any namespace context, even though it is private. KEYWORDS
scope, callback, namespace, public, protected, private itcl 3.0 code(n)