Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems activating "mod_rewrite" (I can't edit 000-default file) Post 302596190 by Scrutinizer on Monday 6th of February 2012 08:49:50 PM
Old 02-06-2012
It is u+w , not u+v (see man chmod) . The permissions weren't 777, because those belong to the symbolic link, not the actual file (../sites-available/default).. You can check the permissions of that file with
Code:
ls -l ../sites-available/default

alternatively if you use
Code:
ls -lL 000-default

ls will follow the symbolic link and display the permissions of the actual file. I would expect the permissions to be 444 ( -r--r--r-- )

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with "write" and "wall"

Hello, I am using VirtualBox to simulate a small network with two Linux computers, the host is Mac OS X. My problem is that I can't send "write" and "wall" messages from the host to one of those Linux computers. Here is what works: - The virtual Linux computer answers "ping" messages that have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
5 Replies

5. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

6. AIX

Can we directly edit "/etc/environment" file in AIX using vi ?

Hi Is it recommended to edit the file "/etc/environment" directly using vi ? (like by adding some export something= value staements) or do we need to edit /etc/profile file in order to set the environment variables, globally to the entire AIX LPAR please suggest. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
ENVEXT(1)						  The Canonical Csound Reference						 ENVEXT(1)

NAME
envext - Extracts the envelope of a file to a text file. . SYNTAX
envext [-flags] soundfile csound -U envext [-flags] soundfile INITIALIZATION
soundfile - Name of the input soundfile. The following flags are available for envext (The default values are stated in parenthesis): -o fnam Name of output filename (newenv) -w size (in seconds) of analysis window (0.25) The envext utility generates a text file containing time and amplitude pairs by finding the absolute peak within each window. EXAMPLE
Using the command (while in the manual directory): csound -U envext examples/mary.wav will produce the a text file containing the following: 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.000 0.250 0.000 0.500 0.000 0.750 0.000 1.249 0.170 1.499 0.269 1.530 0.307 1.872 0.263 2.056 0.304 2.294 0.241 2.570 0.216 2.761 0.178 3.077 0.011 3.251 0.001 3.500 0.000 Which shows the time for the peak amplitude within each measured window. CREDITS
Author: John ffitch 1995 AUTHORS
Barry Vercoe MIT Media Lab Author. Dan Ellis MIT Media Lab, Cambridge Massachussetts Author. COPYRIGHT
5.07 06/23/2009 ENVEXT(1)