Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alternate to SLEEP for EXPECT within BASH script? Post 302596144 by Goatfarmer03 on Monday 6th of February 2012 04:54:57 PM
Old 02-06-2012
Wow, thanks for the quick response Corona. Do you get payed for this stuff, every single page I have been in today you are usually the first to respond Smilie.

I understand what you are saying, but it is not my call. They don't want keys, and I am not authorized to set up keys.

The users have this process, that is a very repetitive sign-in / .tar / sign-out over and over and over again for each server. This is a one use script, it is not something that is running constantly with a unsecured stored password. They wanted something that automates it while only needing one Sign-In/Password. I have the earlier section set up just like thier regular Sign-In/Password prompt. The password has echo off and is stored in $PASS only for the current session (which is closed afterwards).

Thanks for the ideas, and believe me I wish I could talk them into keys, but it just isn't in the cards. Hopefully someone can shove me in the right direction, or point me towards something I haven't figured out yet.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wants alternate to the Sleep option??

I am new to Shell Scripting and I need help to write the following script in a different format... This is the current script: #!/usr/bin/ksh environment=rms export environment . $AW_HOME/RETEK/exec/RETEK_ENVAR ls -ltr $MMPOS/RTLOG* | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f9... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about "sleep" command in expect script

I wrote some expect script to telnet to some device to execute some commands.Firstly,I can't get full result some time,then I try to add some "sleep" command in it.Fortunately it works. My idea about it is that it uses sleep command to wait the result to be displayed.Am I right or correct the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Expect script for Cisco IPS Sensors, Expect sleep and quoting

This Expect script provides expect with a list of IP addresses to Cisco IPS sensors and commands to configure Cisco IPS sensors. The user, password, IP addresses, prompt regex, etc. have been anonymized. In general this script will log into the sensors and send commands successfully but there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genewolfe
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect in bash script

Hi, I'm writing a shell script that calls a few commands that prompt the user for two simple yes/no questions. if the answers are consistent (the first is a yes, the second is a no), what would my expect script look like? Google is only giving me answers for scripts where I telnet or ssh. right now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: js741
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot get this bash/expect script to run under a crontab

#!/bin/bash # # RAP configuration script # # Usage: ./rap.sh # # Requires: expect, tcl # # Script expects to find a file called rap.csv located in the same directory as the script. If the file is placed # in a different directory, modify the custom entries section to specify the absolute... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkool
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script called in loop from Bash Script

Having issues with an expect script. I've been scripting bash, python, etc... for a couple years now, but just started to try and use Expect. Trying to create a script that takes in some arguments, and then for now, just runs a pwd command(for testing, final will be command I pass). Here is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Acces Variable from expect-Script in bash-Script

Hi all, I have a little problem with a expect in a bash Script. The hull of my script: #!/bin/sh ( expect -c ' set a \"eee\"; # the variable a ' ) echo $a; # using the variable out of the expect script I would like to use the variable out of the expect script(in bash),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandalfthepink
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect not working inside my Bash script

I am trying to execute expect command inside by small bash script to login into servers using key authentication method. My script is as follows: #!/bin/bash HOST=$1 /usr/bin/expect -c " spawn ssh -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa root@$HOST expect -exact "Enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Wilson
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script with expect

Dear all Hi I want use expect in bash so that we can not use these with each other /bin/bash. With. /usr/bin/expect How can use these with on script or how can call a script from other script #!/bin/bash clear echo "================================== " echo "Enter your Esxi IP"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baber
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash script + expect

im very happy to back for this forum I have servers with alias of double dns extentions: sample: servera.test.com servera.test1.com serverb.test.com serverb.test1.com I need to login to that severs and executing the set of commands if test.com failed then try to login via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash0106
0 Replies
Net::LDAP::Extension::SetPassword(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Net::LDAP::Extension::SetPassword(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Extension::SetPassword - LDAPv3 Modify Password extension object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Extension::SetPassword; $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $ldap->bind('cn=Joe User,cn=People,dc=mydomain,dc=eg", password => 'oldPassword'); $mesg = $ldap->set_password( oldpasswd => 'oldPassword' ); die "error: ", $mesg->code(), ": ", $mesg->error() if ($mesg->code()); print "changed your password to", $mesg->gen_password() , " "; DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Extension::SetPassword" implements the "Modify Password" extended LDAPv3 operation as described in RFC 3062. It implements no object by itself but extends the Net::LDAP object by another method: METHODS
set_password ( OPTIONS ) Set the password for a user. OPTIONS is a list of key/value pairs. The following keys are recognized: user If present, this option contains the octet string representation of the user associated with the request. Depending on how users are identified in the directory this string may or may not be a DN according to RFC 4514. If this option is not present, the request acts up upon the password of the user currently associated with the LDAP session. oldpasswd This option, if present, must contain the current password of the user for whom this operation is performed. It depends on the server's implementation in which circumstances this option is allowed to be missing. newpasswd If present, this option contains the desired password for the user for whom the operation is performed. Depending on the server's implementation this option may be required by the LDAP server. gen_password ( ) Return the password generated by the server in response to the "set_password()" call when applicable. The server will not generate a new password if "newpasswd" was passed to "set_password()". This method is a method of the Net::LDAP::Message response object returned in reply to "set_password()" in case the "set_password()" call succeeded. By this method the caller can query for the value of the password in case he did not call "set_password()" with the "newpasswd" option. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Extension AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>, documentation by Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de>. Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-21 Net::LDAP::Extension::SetPassword(3)