Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to pick the files from source folder Post 302596074 by Vijay81 on Monday 6th of February 2012 11:47:33 AM
Old 02-06-2012
hi Corona,

Files are expected in the same directory. But it is a valid scenario if the files are not with that date and in that case, I look for another set of files with different date. only if the second set is not available, then script has to be failed as per my requirement... I would like to avoid the message (I guess it is not an error message just a warning.. as the script proceeds..) that the files are not found... is there a way to avoid it?

hello methyl,

parameter is the name of the parameter that I pass to the script..

Can someone please help to check if my script is missing anything like a { or anything that I could have done better or differently.. as I am new to scripting, I am asking this... thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppres error message when moving files from empty source folder

Hi, I would like to write a shell script that moves files from one folder to another without retrieving the error 'can not acces/find file or folder' when the source folder is empty. Any ideas, Thx in advance, Steven. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steven
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to pick out files from a file which are older than 15 days

Hi , I have a file abc.txt which actually contains a directory and file list -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 334 Dec 03 2001 aafs_006.ksh -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 1270 Nov 13 2001 mcl_deposit_ftp.ksh -rwxrwxr-x 1 dmadmin mmasapp 925 Oct 31 2001 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for Finding files in a folder and copying to another folder

Hi all, I have a folder '/samplefolder' in which i have some files like data0.txt, data1.txt and data2.txt. I have to search the folder for existence of the file data0.txt first and if found have to copy it to some other file; next i have to search the folder for existence of file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with all files in a folder

Hi I have many files in a folder (like 200) and I want to run a Perl script through all of them. One way would be to do it one by one (which will take forever). But I am sure there is a faster way of doing it. So inside the folder i have files named in no particular way eg. YUI456... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for checking the files in a folder

Hi , I am using the below script for checking for a file in a folder. if ; then echo 0 else echo 1 fi Is there any way we can check for files which are starting with GL*.csv.What I am trying to do is , I have to check in a folder for the GL*.csv files if there are any files they I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script using cp to transfer files to another folder

Hi guys , how are you doing? I am tryng to make a script using cp that i would like to do this: echo "Enter the name files to tranfer" then user has to enter via keyboard this kind of output file1 file 2 file 3 file x (i mean the number of the files could vary and their name too)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: REX:)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a shell script to extract the files from source file and check whether those files existonserve

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.Please help me on this.I am using solaris 10 OS and shell i am using is # echo $0 -sh My requirement is i have source file say makefile.I need to extract files with extensions (.c |.cxx |.h |.hxx |.sc) from the makefile.after doing so i need to check whether... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick files after specified Time from a folder in Perl

Hi All I am stuck in a problem and wants help What i want to do is I have a directory(say name of that directory is outdir) In that directory(outdir) the files come after some gap of time by some processes. What i want to do is i want to list all the files in that directory after the given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to delete files in different folder

Hi Experts, i need a little help. i have different folder that contain files that need to be deleted. but those folder contains huge amoung of same with 3 different extention. what i used to do is to delete them using the rm commande rm *.ext *.ext1 *.ext3 what i want to do is to have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yprudent
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies