Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Don't have wireless connection any more .. Post 302596051 by susja on Monday 6th of February 2012 10:47:10 AM
Old 02-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg
To clarify, you have another laptop that used to work on the network fine.
At the current times of trouble (in the morning), will that other laptop connect to the wireless? Just trying to make sure there is a signal, and it is allowing connections.
that's right ...
the other laptop connected to the same router has no problem for years and currently is connected as well. On my old laptop I just installed Fedora 16 and started experience unstable network connection.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

wireless connection

Hi Having a problem getting the Orinoco silver to work on Redhat 7.3. (new full install) On install it worked - sometimes - but I had to manually set the default gateway to the wireless instead of the 10/100 ethernet card. Most often I had to restart pcmcia to get it going properly. Now its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: caveman_piet
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wireless connection with fluxbox via commands

Hi, By default I use all gnome stuff (gdm+metacity+...) and my connection works well. I wanted to try fluxbox. So I've just changed my window manger. And under fluxbox, wireless isn't managed automatically like with gnome. So I tried to set it up manually ... but I can't make my wireless... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

6. Linux

wireless connection problem

Hi everyone, I am new to linux. I have installed ubuntu and I am booting together with window. But I have a problem of wireless connection in ubuntu. If I start booting using ubuntu no wireless networks become available. If I first open window and restart it and open ubuntu then only I can get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Wireless connection to printer

I need to connect old PPC G5 running OSX 10.5.8 to Epson Stylus 1400 printer, wiring is very difficult, so I need to find out what are my wireless options. Printer has only USB input. The printing includes graphics and text from Adobe as well as a special graphics application, which is the reason... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
6 Replies
LM-PROFILER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    LM-PROFILER(8)

NAME
/usr/sbin/lm-profiler - laptop mode profiler SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lm-profiler DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the /usr/sbin/lm-profiler command. lm-profiler is a tool for profiling disk operations. It is a part of laptop mode tools and is useful only in relation to rest of laptop mode tools. It helps you to detect programs and services that use up system resources and that cause disk activity, and it allows you to disable them when laptop mode is active. When you start lm-profiler, it will execute a "profiling run", which can take some time. Start lm-profiler when you are working on batter- ies, preferably, because that will allow it to analyze the actual situation that it is supposed to optimize. During the profiling run, you can use your system normally; however, any disk activity caused by your actions will end up in the profiler's results. When the profiling run is finished, you will be presented with a list of programs that deserve your attention, either because they listen on a network (which is not usually useful when you are working offline) or because they caused disk activity in a disk-spindown-unfriendly pattern. When lm- profiler can guess an init script that belongs to a program, it presents you with the opportunity to disable the program when you are work- ing on battery. It does this by placing a link to the init script in /etc/laptop-mode/batt-stop. Any programs that lm-profiler cannot find an init script for is simply reported, so that you can stop the program manually if you want to. WARNING ABOUT DISABLING PROGRAMS: It may not be safe to disable some programs. They may be needed for proper operation of your system. Dis- able services only if you know what they do and why you don't need them. FILES
/etc/lm-profiler.conf lm-profiler retrieves its profiling rules from this file. SEE ALSO
lm-profiler.conf(8). laptop-mode.conf(8). daemons.conf(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Samwel (bart@samwel.tk) and Jan Polacek (jerome@ucw.cz) for the Debian system (but may be used by oth- ers). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. LM-PROFILER(8)