Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Will this flow work
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Will this flow work Post 302595987 by ezee on Monday 6th of February 2012 06:57:45 AM
Old 02-06-2012
Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Flow of Unix System

Hello, Is there a functional flow of the UNIX security system that I can view? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spanglerbrod
1 Replies

2. Programming

dilemma in control flow

hello im facing a queer problem when i execute the foll code in unix # include <stdio.h> # include <unistd.h> main(int argc,char *argv) { FILE *fp = fopen("/ras/chirag/fifotest/file.fifo","a"); int i=1; fprintf(fp,argv); printf("I SLEEP"); system("date"); for (i=0;i<50;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
2 Replies

3. Programming

Flow Chart

Any One help how to draw the flow chart for C programe ? If any usefull link's. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabari
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Disabling 802.3x flow control

I have a server I would like to disable 802.3x flow control on. The host is Linux (CentOS 4.4 x86_64 w/ 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL kernel,) and I'm using the ns83820 driver for the ethernet interface in question. I've tried looking at the driver parameters (modinfo ns83820) and using ethtool (ethtool -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script should flow after ftp --Urgent

Hi everyone, The script actually does the ftp and gets the file to the local system. I want to do some manipulations for that file , But after doing ftp , script is not proceding and just a prompt is displayed . .... ftp code here...... .................... ............... echo "FTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaakrishna
4 Replies

6. Programming

buffer over flow detected

Hi, my program stops with a buffer overflow error, but i can't understand the problem. I have a file like: int array; //global variable void func(){ int i; for(i=0;i<n;i++)array=-1; ... } I had the error when i added the array initialization. the file is a part of a C project. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Logic and Flow better

i am in an epic quagmire of horrid misunderstanding. its been a while since ive been in the scene, couldnt remember my login for the account i used to have here, so excuse the 1st post. i dont want it to seem like ima post n boogy. in any case here we go: just recently installed mandriva... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SirDonkeyPunch
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flow Control in CSH

hi , I am new to scripting, i have a doubt can any one pls solve it for me the code is not working set users = (user1 user2 user3) echo The users are echo $users echo Enter the USER NAME set USER_NAME = $< set i = 1; for ( i = 1; i <= $#users; i++ ) if ( $USER_NAME == $users )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manju87
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with control flow in a Bash script

In my bash script I want to say "if argument 2 is anything except x, y or z, than echo this" (x y and z being words). So my script looks like this: if ] then echo "unrecognized input: $2" fi This usually works but than I also want to say "if argument 2 IS x, y, or z, but argument 4 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jrodicon
4 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Port flow capture

I am trying to get an output using the command tcpdump -w /tmp/syn.pcap 'tcp & (tcp-syn) != 0' But I am getting the error: tcpdump: no suitable device found Is there an alternate command to achieve this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)