Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Ubuntu filesystem error corrupt GPT label Post 302595979 by ccj4467 on Monday 6th of February 2012 06:31:21 AM
Old 02-06-2012
That is also the problem, I only ran fdisk -l on the Ubuntu system. On the solaris system ZFS took car of everything as I used the whole disk:

Code:
zpool create raid1  c4t0d0

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ultra 10 boot warning---corrupt label

Hi All, Any idea why i'm having this warning during boot: WARNING: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/dad@1,0 (dad1): corrupt label - wrong magic number This happens after I added another ide HD and reinstall it from solaris 10 to solaris 8. Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Corrupt label bad geometry

Hi, I have a Sun X4200, when I try to reboot the machine it's not detecting the drive and it shows the following error when I try to rebuilt it. I am not sure whether its a bad HD or something else. Label says 983040 blocks: Drive says 983039 blocks WARNING:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting SunSolaris Filesystem on Linux Ubuntu Server

Can someone please help me out here. I have SunSolaris server that has a ridiculous about of space on it. several hundred gigabytes of space. There are lots of partitions on this server that has at least 100Gs on them. I want to mount just one of these partitions on my Linux server so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

5. Solaris

corrupt label - wrong magic number

I have created 1 LUN. 1)LUN 00BB 200GB /dev/rdsk/c1t3d44 /dev/rdsk/c2t28d44 /dev/rdsk/c3t19d44 /dev/rdsk/c4t12d44 2) Already added the new entry into sd.conf and rebooted. 3) Already done these: powercf –q power config 4) power display dev=all I can see the new Symmetrix device.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirius20d
1 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Original SAN to a New Solaris Server: Corrupt Label

I've seen several posts that are similar to what I'm trying to do but no dice. I have a server (SunFire V215) that went belly up. I've set up a new one. I'm getting a corrupt label: wrong magic number error. Everything I'm seeing says label the drives, but if I do I'm afraid I'll lose the data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnelson
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to mount ext4 filesystem (created from Ubuntu) in Solaris 11

Hello everyone, I am trying to mount an ext4 filesystem which I created from Ubuntu. But mount command fails saying: prakhar@Solaris:~$ sudo mount /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 /mnt Password: mount: /dev/dsk/c10t0d0p1 is not this fstype And I also tried this: prakhar@Solaris:~$ fstyp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prakhar Mishra
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

GPT Partitions

(Don't you hate being on holiday and being the only IT person in the family?) Got a wonderful thanksgiving surprise .. dead windows-8 laptop with "important" unbacked-up data. No worries, I have my my fedora labtop and a magical SATA to USB converter. Plugged in the drive, and ... can't mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekludwig
4 Replies
FDISK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  FDISK(8)

NAME
fdisk - partition a hard disk [IBM] SYNOPSIS
fdisk [-hm] [-sn] [file] OPTIONS
-h Number of disk heads is m -s Number of sectors per track is n EXAMPLES
fdisk /dev/hd0 # Examine disk partitions fdisk -h9 /dev/hd0 # Examine disk with 9 heads DESCRIPTION
When fdisk starts up, it reads in the partition table and displays it. It then presents a menu to allow the user to modify partitions, store the partition table on a file, or load it from a file. Partitions can be marked as MINIX, DOS or other, as well as active or not. Using fdisk is self-explanatory. However, be aware that repartitioning a disk will cause information on it to be lost. Rebooting the sys- tem immediately is mandatory after changing partition sizes and parameters. MINIX, XENIX, PC-IX, and MS-DOS all have different partition numbering schemes. Thus when using multiple systems on the same disk, be careful. Note that MINIX, unlike MS-DOS , cannot access the last sector in a partition with an odd number of sectors. The reason that odd partition sizes do not cause a problem with MS-DOS is that MS-DOS allocates disk space in units of 512-byte sectors, whereas MINIX uses 1K blocks. Fdisk has a variety of other features that can be seen by typing h. Fdisk normally knows the geometry of the device by asking the driver. You can use the -h and -s options to override the numbers found. SEE ALSO
part(8). FDISK(8)