Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting please help newbie with script Post 302595879 by bartus11 on Sunday 5th of February 2012 05:01:55 PM
Old 02-05-2012
Maybe you could download all the articles into some directory, and then run:
Code:
cd /some/directory
cat * | ecasound -i stdin -o jack

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie needs help with simple script

Hi, I'm just new here, looks like there is alot to read. I need some help on a simple script that i would like to make, and I honestly have zero experience with shell scripts or anything, so i have no idea what I am doing. I want to have a script that I can upload to to my webhosting... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizizzle
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - shell script newbie

My problem looks like it should have a simple solution but it seems that after many days of research I cannot find a good solution. What I have is an input file that contains lines of information. What I need is to extract specific information from that file. What I know is that somewhere in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eback
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Help -I'm a newbie

Can someone help me write this shell script? I am completely new to shell and as a fun task my uncle has challenged me a problem (out of all other people). Basically, all he wants me to do is to create backup file in a folder that is named “disables.” This is what he said: create a shell script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotcutiepie05
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for a newbie

Hello all, I want to write a shell script to list the contents of a directory and number them and write them to a file. For example, if I have a directory temp and the contents of the directory are alpha, beta and gamma. I want to write these filenames to a file "test" in a numbered manner. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question - Help with script

Hi I have about 5000 expired images that need removed from disk. Instead of doing it manually I am trying to use the following script: #vi remove_expired_images FilePath=/Scripts for i in `cat $FilePath/backupid.txt` do #echo $i >> $FilePath/Jim.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help (newbie)

Im a UNIX newbie so please excuse the little knowledge I have, Im trying to learn. I created a script that logs into multiple servers, gets data and saves it on the local server. The script looks like this.. #!/opt/local/bin/expect # Set username/password to initially login to switch.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay11789
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie needs help with ping script

Hi all, I've been trying to get this script right for the past few days and just can't figure out where I'm going wrong. Since one of my internet connections is extremely flaky I want to run this script to ping every 5 minutes and then reboot the router via telnet if I don't get a response. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goatmilk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie wanting help with a script

Hi I am new to scripting and having trouble with an assignment. I have written this script: #!/bin/bash PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin printf "\nWhat is the name of the input file? " read INPUT_FILE if test ! -f ./$INPUT_FILE ; then printf "\nNo matching file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foyn
2 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Newbie Backup Script

Hello All, I have attempted to write my first complex (to me) backup script. I am offering it to any and all who may find it useful but would like to refine it as well. I'm using it to backup a Mac OSX Lion Server to a USB Raid5. The script is actually comprised of a daily and a weekly script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbol
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)