Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting please help newbie with script Post 302595878 by karlhungus on Sunday 5th of February 2012 04:57:44 PM
Old 02-05-2012
now ecasound stands still+i have some signal
but after few seconds error shows up and sound stucks...
(audio-db- client) warning underrun is reading from stdin
trying to recover

if there's no other better solution maybe i can somehow
route audio from /dev/audio to jack?
thanks for response again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie needs help with simple script

Hi, I'm just new here, looks like there is alot to read. I need some help on a simple script that i would like to make, and I honestly have zero experience with shell scripts or anything, so i have no idea what I am doing. I want to have a script that I can upload to to my webhosting... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizizzle
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - shell script newbie

My problem looks like it should have a simple solution but it seems that after many days of research I cannot find a good solution. What I have is an input file that contains lines of information. What I need is to extract specific information from that file. What I know is that somewhere in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eback
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Help -I'm a newbie

Can someone help me write this shell script? I am completely new to shell and as a fun task my uncle has challenged me a problem (out of all other people). Basically, all he wants me to do is to create backup file in a folder that is named “disables.” This is what he said: create a shell script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotcutiepie05
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for a newbie

Hello all, I want to write a shell script to list the contents of a directory and number them and write them to a file. For example, if I have a directory temp and the contents of the directory are alpha, beta and gamma. I want to write these filenames to a file "test" in a numbered manner. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question - Help with script

Hi I have about 5000 expired images that need removed from disk. Instead of doing it manually I am trying to use the following script: #vi remove_expired_images FilePath=/Scripts for i in `cat $FilePath/backupid.txt` do #echo $i >> $FilePath/Jim.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help (newbie)

Im a UNIX newbie so please excuse the little knowledge I have, Im trying to learn. I created a script that logs into multiple servers, gets data and saves it on the local server. The script looks like this.. #!/opt/local/bin/expect # Set username/password to initially login to switch.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay11789
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie needs help with ping script

Hi all, I've been trying to get this script right for the past few days and just can't figure out where I'm going wrong. Since one of my internet connections is extremely flaky I want to run this script to ping every 5 minutes and then reboot the router via telnet if I don't get a response. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goatmilk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie wanting help with a script

Hi I am new to scripting and having trouble with an assignment. I have written this script: #!/bin/bash PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin printf "\nWhat is the name of the input file? " read INPUT_FILE if test ! -f ./$INPUT_FILE ; then printf "\nNo matching file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foyn
2 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Newbie Backup Script

Hello All, I have attempted to write my first complex (to me) backup script. I am offering it to any and all who may find it useful but would like to refine it as well. I'm using it to backup a Mac OSX Lion Server to a USB Raid5. The script is actually comprised of a daily and a weekly script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbol
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies
mixerctl(1)							   User Commands						       mixerctl(1)

NAME
mixerctl - audio mixer control command line application SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mixerctl [-a | -d dev] [-iv] [-e | -o] DESCRIPTION
Some audio devices support the audio mixer functionality. See mixer(7I) for a complete description of the audio mixer. The mixerctl command is used to control the mode of the audio mixer and to get information about the audio mixer and the audio device. See audio(7I) for details. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. If none are specified, option -i is assumed: -a The command applies to all audio devices. -d dev The dev argument specifies an alternate audio control device for the command to use. -e Enables the audio mixer function if the audio device supports it. If supported, the audio mixer may be enabled at any time. The command silently ignores the enable option if the audio mixer is already enabled. -i Prints the audio device type information for the device and indicates whether the audio device uses the audio mixer. If the device does use the audio mixer, this option displays the audio mixer's mode. -o Turns off the audio mixer function if the audio device supports it. If supported, the audio mixer may be turned off if only one process has the device opened with the O_RDWR flag, or, if two different processes have the device opened, one with the O_RDONLY flag and the other with the O_WRONLY flag. (See open(2).) The command silently ignores the disable option if the audio mixer function is already disabled. -v Verbose mode. Prints the audio_info_t structure for the device, along with the device type information. This option implies the -i option. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AUDIODEV If the -d and -a options are not specified, the AUDIODEV environment variable is consulted. If set, AUDIODEV will contain the full path name of the user's default audio device. The default audio device will be converted into a control device, and then used. If the AUDIODEV variable is not set, /dev/audioctl is used. FILES
/dev/audioctl /dev/sound/{0...n}ctl ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWauda | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
audioconvert(1), audioplay(1), audiorecord(1), open(2), attributes(5), usb_ac(7D), audio(7I), audio_support(7I), mixer(7I) SunOS 5.10 12 Mar 2001 mixerctl(1)