Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl parsing help required.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Perl parsing help required. Post 302595771 by parthmittal2007 on Sunday 5th of February 2012 01:41:27 AM
Old 02-05-2012
[QUOTE=balajesuri;302595767]No. That will never happen. The existing element is concatenated with a new string.
For e.g, if a[0] initially had 1 and you do this: a[0] .= 0, then a[0] would no

Thanks Guru

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl help required

hi previously this program used to ask for user input to perform operation so i have done the modifications but problem is that i have to create new file and redirect that file as input to this file and i want to avoid that so i made following modifications in program and i am not sure if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script required...

Hi All, Windows Platform. Perl Scripting. I have a file called 'hostnames.txt' contains hostname entries one by one line. Script has to perform the following command for each entry in that file. ovtopofix -G <hostname> Please anybody give me the script on this requirement. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl - Help required

I am trying to upload a file to a SQL database table. The column type is IMAGE. I am looking for a solution to upload a word doc file. I tried 3 approaches. 1) my $fileToStore = "mytest.doc"; open IPFILE, "<", $name; binmode IPFILE; while (<IPFILE>) { $fileToStore .= $_; } close IPFILE;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.paramanatti
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl required output

Hi, I have a string in log file from that i need to pick the username. the string is like this-- pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing information in perl

So i'm trying to write a perl script that logins into a network switch via ssh: #sh ip traffic IP statistics: Rcvd: 1460119147 total, 563943377 local destination 0 format errors, 0 checksum errors, 48401998 bad hop count 0 unknown protocol, 8379279 not a gateway ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in parsing a csv file

Hi Members, I am stuck with the following problem. Request your kind help I have an csv file which contains, 1 header record, data records and 1 footer record. Sample is as below Contents of cm_update_file_101010.csv -------------------------------------------------- ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Help required exact match

Hello, My requirement is to iterate over all the lines of a file and compare them with a word and perform some operations if exact match is found. For the snippet below, it works even if contents of line include "diff" and "diff:". I want it to work only if it is exactly "diff" and is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script required for processing the data

I have following result.log file (always has 2 lines) which I need to process, cat result.log name.cmd.method,"result","abc","xyz"; name="hello,mine.12345,"&"tree"&" xyz "&" tree "&" xyz", data="way,"&" 1"&"rate-me"&"1"&"rate-me",str="",ret=""; now I need to extract the strings/data as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlDiva
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xsltproc showing error in parsing xml...help required

I need to parse text between xml tags using xsltproc. It seems the easiest way. Here the Input file looks like <?xml version="1.0" ?> - <tag:ROOT xmlns:as="http://some.org/some.xsd" xmlns:tag="http://www.tag.org/schemas" xmlns:xs="http://some.org/"> - <tag:L1> - <tag:L2> - <tag:L3> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_1
2 Replies
lreplace(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands						       lreplace(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
lreplace - Replace elements in a list with new elements SYNOPSIS
lreplace list first last ?element element ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
lreplace returns a new list formed by replacing one or more elements of list with the element arguments. first and last are index values | specifying the first and last elements of the range to replace. The index values first and last are interpreted the same as index values | for the command string index, supporting simple index arithmetic and indices relative to the end of the list. 0 refers to the first ele- | ment of the list, and end refers to the last element of the list. If list is empty, then first and last are ignored. If first is less than zero, it is considered to refer to before the first element of the list. For non-empty lists, the element indicated by first must exist or first must indicate before the start of the list. If last is less than first, then any specified elements will be inserted into the list at the point specified by first with no elements being deleted. The element arguments specify zero or more new arguments to be added to the list in place of those that were deleted. Each element argu- ment will become a separate element of the list. If no element arguments are specified, then the elements between first and last are sim- ply deleted. If list is empty, any element arguments are added to the end of the list. EXAMPLES
Replacing an element of a list with another: % lreplace {a b c d e} 1 1 foo a foo c d e Replacing two elements of a list with three: % lreplace {a b c d e} 1 2 three more elements a three more elements d e Deleting the last element from a list in a variable: % set var {a b c d e} a b c d e % set var [lreplace $var end end] a b c d A procedure to delete a given element from a list: proc lremove {listVariable value} { upvar 1 $listVariable var set idx [lsearch -exact $var $value] set var [lreplace $var $idx $idx] } SEE ALSO
list(n), lappend(n), lindex(n), linsert(n), llength(n), lsearch(n), lset(n), lrange(n), lsort(n), string(n) | KEYWORDS
element, list, replace Tcl 7.4 lreplace(n)