Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Directory vs. Folder?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Directory vs. Folder? Post 302595758 by zxmaus on Saturday 4th of February 2012 09:00:49 PM
Old 02-04-2012
simply dir but I rarely have to do with users Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique Directory and Folder Deletion Script

Ok, so I just got charged with the task of deleting some 300 user folders in a FTP server to free up some space. I managed to grep and cut the list of user folders to delete into a list of one user folder per line. Example: bob00 jane01 sue03 In the home folder, there are folders a-z, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b4sher
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace last 2 folder directory string with sed

Hi guys, I´m trying to replace the 2 last folders name in a list of directories with a new string, but I´m don´t know which regex to apply. Directories list: C/my user/documents/games & music C/my user/documents/photos 09-24-2008 C/my user/settings/config ?1_2 * The last folder may have... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract contents of ONLY one directory from ZIP folder.

I have a ZIP folder ( folder.zip or folder.jar ) which contains , lets say 3 directories under it ( directory1, directory2, directory3). How can i unzip the contents of directory2 ONLY ? I do not have to unzip the complete folder. TIA. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a folder from a directory

Hi, I have a folder name XX and a directory N:. Now I want to find the folder on that directory and print the path. I tried with grep "XX" N: but also search for files named as XX, but I want to find onlt folder and print. please help me.. Thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing directory starting from a particular folder

Hi there!:o I have a question if I have a directories ~/MyFolder/Files/PersonalFiles/databases/food/tomato ~/MyFolder/Files/PersonalFiles/databases/items/cup and I want my program to output food/tomato and items/cup, i.e. everything from the folder database but without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete folder in a directory which are two months old

I need help. I have to create a script which will delete multiple directory (folders) that are two months old. Example, I have folders dated April, May, June and July. I have to delete folders April and May and retain June and July and as such that when the July month lapse, the folder June will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Under /etc/init.d directory there is no folder with name samba in Solaris 10

i want to restart samba service in solaris 1o installed on virtual machine but under under /etc/init.d directory there is no folder with name samba in solaris 10 how do i proceed ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a folder under different user directory

Hello All, I have to write a shell script and use it in informatica. The script has to perform below actions: The script gets executed from edw user. Through the script, a DT folder has to be created under edw_sca user. Is this scenario possible through a SHELL script or not. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies
Email::Folder::Mbox(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Email::Folder::Mbox(3pm)

NAME
Email::Folder::Mbox - reads raw RFC822 mails from an mbox file SYNOPSIS
This isa Email::Folder::Reader - read about its API there. DESCRIPTION
Does exactly what it says on the tin - fetches raw RFC822 mails from an mbox. The mbox format is described at http://www.qmail.org/man/man5/mbox.html We attempt to read an mbox as through it's the mboxcl2 variant, falling back to regular mbox mode if there is no "Content-Length" header to be found. OPTIONS The new constructor takes extra options. "eol" This indicates what the line-ending style is to be. The default is " ", but for handling files with mac line-endings you would want to specify "eol => "x0d"" "jwz_From_" The value is taken as a boolean that governs what is used match as a message seperator. If false we use the mutt style /^From S+s+(?:Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat|Sun)/ /^From (?:Mon|Tue|Wed|Thu|Fri|Sat|Sun)/; If true we use /^From / In deference to this extract from <http://www.jwz.org/doc/content-length.html> Essentially the only safe way to parse that file format is to consider all lines which begin with the characters ``From '' (From-space), which are preceded by a blank line or beginning-of-file, to be the division between messages. That is, the delimiter is " From .* " except for the very first message in the file, where it is "^From .* ". Some people will tell you that you should do stricter parsing on those lines: check for user names and dates and so on. They are wrong. The random crap that has traditionally been dumped into that line is without bound; comparing the first five characters is the only safe and portable thing to do. Usually, but not always, the next token on the line after ``From '' will be a user-id, or email address, or UUCP path, and usually the next thing on the line will be a date specification, in some format, and usually there's nothing after that. But you can't rely on any of this. Defaults to false. "seek_to" Seek to an offset when opening the mbox. When used in combination with ->tell you may be able to resume reading, with a trailing wind. "tell" This returns the current filehandle position in the mbox. AUTHORS
Simon Wistow <simon@thegestalt.org> Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYING
Copyright 2003, Simon Wistow Distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. This software is under no warranty and will probably ruin your life, kill your friends, burn your house and bring about the apocolapyse. SEE ALSO
Email::LocalDelivery, Email::Folder perl v5.10.0 2009-07-27 Email::Folder::Mbox(3pm)