Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Emulate fgrep -f in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Emulate fgrep -f in perl Post 302595721 by drl on Saturday 4th of February 2012 11:35:26 AM
Old 02-04-2012
Hi.

The perl version of grep at http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/CWEST...rc/grep/tcgrep claims to have -F and -f modes.

See PPT: Unix Reconstruction Project for details on perl versions of *nix tools.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tool to emulate keystrokes out to a ps/2 device?

hey all, i am trying to connect my mac to my sony DVD changer so that i can control one aspect of it with any kind of shell script or program. the DVD player allows you to plug in a PS/2 keyboard to navigate it's on screen menu. what i want to do is use my mac to navigate my own menus, then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drzoomn
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can emulate unix on my PocketPC?

I just want to learn more not just reading but also practicing at the same time :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MFT39
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to emulate ls -lh?

Does anyone have a script they would like to share that emulates "ls -lh" in ksh on Solaris 8? Yeah, I know. Real men don't need that wimpy "h." Well, I'm a wimp. ;) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shew01
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell quiz: emulate an associative array

Most shells flavors do not have associative arrays a.k.a. maps. How would you emulate an associative array? I had this problem once and found a working solution, but I don't want to spoil the game hence I wont tell it. Wonder if anyone comes up with something better. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: colemar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to emulate ^S/^Q from a script

Hi, I wrote a little menu script that searches through another script you specify and displays step-names and next to it the text of the step. The scripts are converted JCL from mainframe. It alows you to select steps you want and will then create a new script which includes only the steps you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AliceD
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emulate ksh's FPATH variable in bash

Over time i have developed a library of useful (ksh) functions which i use in most of my scripts. I use the ksh's FPATH variable to locate all these functions and use a standard environment-setting-function to always have the same environment in all my scripts. Here is how i begin scripts: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emulate aix 5.3 , how ....? pearpc didn't work

how to emulate aix 5.3 i had try pearpc , but it didn't work ... someone have some solution? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

fgrep command: Perl programming help needed..Kindly advise

Hi, I am novice in PERL enviornment. I have a text files withso many entries in rows and columns. I have to pick up entries named as "Uniprot ID" in the file and create a new text file with list of particular Uniprot ID entries. Can anybody guide regarding this.. I came to know abut fgrep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fgrep -v

Using the fgrep command with the -v option. I have two files: file1: dog 1 cat 3 bird 5 fish 7file2: dog catUsing fgrep -v file2 file1 According to the fgrep man page, the output should be bird5 fish 7 but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emulate group-by in shell script

Hello All, I saw this problem on one of the forum and solved it using group-by in oracle sql, though I am a bit curious to implement it using shell script : There is a file having number of operations : Opeation,Time-Taken operation1,83621 operation2,72321 operation3,13288... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
11 Replies
merge(1)																  merge(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
merge [-Llabel1 [-Llabel3]] [-p] [-q] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
merge incorporates all changes that lead from file2 to file3 into file1. The result goes to standard output if -p is present, into file1 otherwise. merge is useful for combining separate changes to an original. Suppose file2 is the original, and both file1 and file3 are modifications of file2. Then merge combines both changes. An overlap occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in a common segment of lines. On a few older hosts where diff3 does not support the -E option, merge does not detect overlaps, and merely supplies the changed lines from file3. On most hosts, if overlaps occur, merge out- puts a message (unless the -q option is given), and includes both alternatives in the result. The alternatives are delimited as follows: <<<<<<< file1 lines in file1 ======= lines in file3 >>>>>>> file3 If there are overlaps, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. If the -L label1 and -L label3 options are given, the labels are output in place of the names file1 and file3 in overlap reports. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no overlaps, 1 for some overlaps, 2 for trouble. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Revision Number: 1.1.6.2; Release Date: 1993/10/07. Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 by Walter F. Tichy. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991 by Paul Eggert. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1) merge(1)