Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Removing object from ODM base Post 302595658 by gito on Friday 3rd of February 2012 06:07:49 PM
Old 02-03-2012
Stupid question did you tried to export this volume group ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean an LV out of the ODM

I recently had a disk crash and was not able to clean the dump lv off the disk. Now trying to create new lvdump I am running into errors. My question is how do I remove the old lv out of the ODM? I have tried going through smit and also just rmlv and it cannot find the lv. Yet when I run lslv on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wamland
0 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

ocs_vtsup: error locking odm database

Someone know something about this error ? We have 5.2 and HACMP Cluster. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hjara
1 Replies

3. AIX

Removing devices from ODM

I have replace a couple of hdisks in and old AIX 4 system. I have them assigned to the hdisk numbers previously in the system. When I don an lsvg -p vgname, i see them old devices by device number still come up as missing. I think they are still in the ODM,, how can I remove them? Thanks Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
5 Replies

4. AIX

Script for Comparing VGDA and ODM

Hi there guys, if you have already this script as this will help us in determining of the two are consistent, and if it is not, which is the one correct. Hope you also have for this one.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sky_lark02
1 Replies

5. AIX

Odm & Lvm

Can i have BIG help on ODM and LVM??? I m new to AIX..... Devang (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10aix
2 Replies

6. AIX

remove default gateway on ODM

Hi All, I remove the default gateway by using a command line but I need also to remove it from ODM so that reboot will not trigger it back. How do I remove it from ODM of AIX 5.3? Thanks for any comment you may add. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am new to PHP and UNIX. I am using Apache to do my testing on a Windows Vista machine. I am getting this error when I am trying to connect to a web service. I did a search and did not see any posts that pertain to this. Here is my function: <?php function TRECSend($a, $b, $c, $d,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EddiRae
0 Replies

8. AIX

Problem with the ODM base

Hi, I gonna try to explain my problem. When I list my tty I have something like that: sa3 is the RAN where the tty are connected. Yesterday I tried to delete every tty from the RAN I had a problem with a tty which was not possible to delete with rmdev -dl, so I had to : - delete it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to add the attribute to odm if it contains negative value?

Hi All, I am trying to add odm_wait attribute to CuAt programatically using putattr(&pCuAt). I was able to add when the odm_wait has positive value . But, I am facing issues when the odm_wait has negative value As per IBM, these are the odm_wait possible values #define ODM_WAIT -1 /*... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
3 Replies

10. Programming

How to initialize an object with another object of different class?

How to initialize an object of class say "A", with an object of type say "B". The following code give the error message "error: conversion from âAâ to non-scalar type âBâ requested" #include <iostream> using namespace std; class B; class A{ public: A() { cout <<"\nA()" << endl; } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techmonk
1 Replies
vgremove(1M)															      vgremove(1M)

NAME
vgremove - remove LVM volume group definition from the system SYNOPSIS
vg_name ... Remarks If a combination of volume groups version 1.0 and 2.0 or higher arguments are supplied, then the arguments might not be processed in the order they are listed on the command line. DESCRIPTION
The command removes from the system the last physical volume of the volume group and the definition of the volume group or groups specified by vg_name .... Since all system knowledge of the volume group and its contents are removed, the volume group can no longer be accessed. To move a volume group from one system to another, use the command instead (see vgexport(1M)). Before executing remove all logical volumes residing on the last physical volume by executing (see lvremove(1M)). Before removing a volume group, two steps are necessary: 1. Remove all the logical volumes belonging to the group by using the command (see lvremove(1M)). 2. Remove all but one physical volume belonging to the volume group by using the command (see vgreduce(1M)). If there is any physical volume group created under vg_name ..., the physical volume group information is also removed from file Options and Arguments recognizes the following option and argument: For each volume group removed, also remove its volume group directory and file vg_name The path name of a volume group. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Remove volume group from the system: SEE ALSO
lvremove(1M), vgchange(1M), vgreduce(1M). vgremove(1M)