Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Faster command for file copy than cp ? Post 302595614 by bora99 on Friday 3rd of February 2012 03:30:16 PM
Old 02-03-2012
This User Gave Thanks to bora99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command faster in crontab..

Hi all you enlightened unix people, I've been trying to execute a perl script that contains the following line within backticks: `grep -f patternfile.txt otherfile.txt`;It takes normally 2 minutes to execute this command from the bash shell by hand. I noticed that when i run this command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverlocket
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make copy work faster

I am trying to copy a folder which contains a list of C executables. It takes 2 mins for completion,where as the entire script takes only 3 more minutes for other process. Is there a way to copy the folder faster so that the performance of the script will improve? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which command will be faster? y?

i)wc -c/etc/passwd|awk'{print $1}' ii)ls -al/etc/passwd|awk'{print $5}' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_g
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

**HELP** need to split this line faster than cut-command

Hi, A datafile containing lines such as below needs to be split: 500000000000932491683600000000000000000000000000016800000GS0000000000932491683600*HOME I need to get the 2-5, 11-20, and 35-40 characters and I can do it via cut command. cut -c 2-5 file > temp1.txt cut -c 11-20 file >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

faster command than find for sorting?

I'm sorting files from a source directory by size into 4 categories then copying them into 4 corresponding folders, just wondering if there's a faster/better/more_elegant way to do this: find /home/user/sourcefiles -type f -size -400000k -exec /bin/cp -uv {} /home/user/medfiles/ \; find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi thread awk command for faster performance

Hi, I have a script below for extracting xml from a file. for i in *.txt do echo $i awk '/<.*/ , /.*<\/.*>/' "$i" | tr -d '\n' echo -ne '\n' done . I read about using multi threading to speed up the script. I do not know much about it but read it on this forum. Is it a... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
21 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Faster way to use this awk command

awk "/May 23, 2012 /,0" /var/tmp/datafile the above command pulls out information in the datafile. the information it pulls is from the date specified to the end of the file. now, how can i make this faster if the datafile is huge? even if it wasn't huge, i feel there's a better/faster way to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A faster equivalent for this sed command

Hello guys, I'm cleaning out big XML files (we're talking about 1GB at least), most of them contain words written in a non-latin alphabet. The command I'm using is so slow it's not even funny: cat $1 | sed -e :a -e 's/&lt;*&gt;//g;/&lt;/N;//ba;s/</ /g;s/>/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobylapointe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a faster alternative to a slow awk command

Hi, I have a large number of input files with two columns of numbers. For example: 83 1453 99 3255 99 8482 99 7372 83 175 I only wish to retain lines where the numbers fullfil two requirements. E.g: =83 1000<=<=2000 To do this I use the following... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make awk command faster?

I have the below command which is referring a large file and it is taking 3 hours to run. Can something be done to make this command faster. awk -F ',' '{OFS=","}{ if ($13 == "9999") print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12 }' ${NLAP_TEMP}/hist1.out|sort -T ${NLAP_TEMP} |uniq>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peu Mukherjee
13 Replies
Ns_ConnReturn(3aolserver)				   AOLserver Library Procedures 				 Ns_ConnReturn(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_ConnRedirect - Internally redirect a request to a new local url SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_ConnRedirect(conn, url) ARGUMENTS
Ns_Conn conn (in) Pointer to open connection. char *url (in) Pointer to string of local url. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This routine can be used to internally redirect to a new, local url on the server. The url paramter specifies a path relative to the server, i.e., without the leading "http://host:port" portion. The server will reset the Ns_Request structure in the open connection pointed to by conn and restart connection handling, including authorization checks. The result is a standard AOLserver request procedure result code, either from an underlying call to Ns_ConnRunRequest or the result of one of the authorization response routines such as Ns_ConnReturnForbidden. Filter callbacks, if any, are not run again with the updated connection. The Ns_ConnRedirect routine is used internally in the server to support the basic file serving code (i.e., "fastpath") to redirect to spe- cific files when a directory is opened and by the Ns_RegisterRedirect routine to map standard reponse routines to user-provided local url's. EXAMPLE
The following example demonstrates redirecting to an ADP help page within a custom C-level request callback whenever a ?help=topic query argument is present: int MyRequest(void *arg, Ns_Conn *conn) { Ns_Set *query = Ns_ConnGetQuery(conn); /* Redirect to help.adp for /myrequest?help=topic calls. */ if (Ns_SetGet(query, "help")) != NULL) { return Ns_ConnReturnRedirect(conn, "/help.adp"); } ... handle non-help requests ... } SEE ALSO
Ns_RegisterRedirct(3), Ns_ConnRunRequest(3), Ns_AuthorizeRequest(3) KEYWORDS
connection, redirect AOLserver 4.0 Ns_ConnReturn(3aolserver)