Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 Sparc - backup drive how to read it? Post 302595509 by jlliagre on Friday 3rd of February 2012 10:29:39 AM
Old 02-03-2012
What says
Code:
fstyp /dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

linux backup to solaris tape drive

All, Has anybody ever got a Linux server to backup to a remote Solaris tape drive using the dump command and rsh? I can remtoely backup two Solaris server this way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Drive backup Images

About once a year I update my scripts and make little tweeks. This is my latest... #! /bin/bash # # OS: Unix/Linux # Name: hda-to-hdc # Ver: 03/01/08 # Purpose: Full disk image copy # By: Jan Zumwalt - www.neatinfo.com - root directory list # # REMARKS: # I use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
1 Replies

3. Solaris

USB External Hard Drive for Solaris 10 Sparc

Hi- I would like to know if anyone has used any USB External Hard Drive, about 500/750GB or 1TB, with any of the Solaris 10 "SPARC" systems. Not on intel nor amd platform. I'm looking for the compatible drive and found a few listed on Sun solaris ready page, but I'd like to have inputs from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agfa_109
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Backup files to tape drive on solaris

Hi, I want to take backup of files older than 20 days from a directory onto a tape drive on remote machine on Solaris. The files are of format abc-20100301000000.gz on my local machine. I know the below commands for searching files older than x days and command for backup procedure. solar1 #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Adding USB Drive to Sparc

I have a sparc machine with which I am trying to add an external USB drive. The server does recognize the USB device, but I cannot see it as an external drive. How to overcome the issue of driver initialization. Much appreciate any help. more /etc/release Solaris 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC?

Hi Gurus can I emulate solaris/sparc on virtualbox? Or other emulator to run solaris for sparc in my win7 PC? regards, Israel. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install SCSI Jaz drive in Sparc Solaris

I recently got a Sun Sparc 10 Ultra with Solaris 10 installed on it. Now I'm trying to connect my SCSI Jaz drive to it. I moved my Adaptec AHA-2940U PCI SCSI card from my XP PC (where it was working OK) to the Sun and that's about as far as I got. I did a probe-scsi-all and got nothing back,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
0 Replies

8. Solaris

How to read this Solaris version:-Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC?

Hi Guys, Could you please tell me how to read this Solaris version:- Solaris 8 HW 5/03 s28s_hw2wos_06a SPARC Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to backup (create image) SunOS 5.10 sparc?

Hello guys! I'm a newbee in Solaris systems. There is an issue, that I've got: I have to make an iso image of my solaris system. How can I do it? with dd utility? Clonezilla does not support spark, so it cant do backup. pls help! Is this solution: Creating a Solaris Flash Archive... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2fat2fly
21 Replies

10. Solaris

How i can backup data's to External Drive in Solaris 10/11?

Hello all, I'm new member and it's a very important for me. I need to backup data's from 3 server ( V880, M5000m and V490) I dont have a chance to use NFS. So i need to backup to Usb External Drive, can you help me with this issue? I dont have any experience about backup, but i need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahkel
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)