Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Messaging data into required report Post 302595507 by gvolpini on Friday 3rd of February 2012 11:00:59 AM
Old 02-03-2012
Thanks birei...will give it a try !!

---------- Post updated at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:26 AM ----------

Worked like a charm..I just had to add the initial file open as I am not sending the source file as a parameter....thanks SO MUCH !!!

I new that this could only really be done with arrays however I have not yet reached that level of understanding of coding arrays.

Regards
Giuliano

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required with a Csh script to read data from a file

Dears, This is what i want.. I need to read a comma separated text file whose name is config.txt. whose content is like ; bscnara,btserrr bscsana,btssanacity ..... i need to read the first string and second string and use it to execute a another shell script. This is the logic. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fizzme
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep required data from two columns

hello, I have output from a command and I need to filter some info out of that. I tried awk command but I can not grep what I am looking for: Following is the output and I need to capture "disabled" for each volume from first column and report: # vol status Volume State ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: za_7565
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sort out the required data

Hi All, I have a file 1.txt which has the duplicate dns entries as shown: Name: 000f9fbc6738.net.in|Addresses: 10.241.66.169, 10.84.2.222,212.241.66.170 Name: 001371e8ed3e.net.in|Addresses: 10.241.65.153, 10.84.1.101 Name: 00e06f5bd42a.net.in|Addresses: 10.72.19.218,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
6 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Get the data in my required form using gawk

i had the data in the following form: Branch : 3379 As On : 31-JAN-2009 Page : 1 User Id : OPER1 Date & Time : 01-FEB-2009 04:02:37 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KANNI786
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Packages required - Libaio.so.1 - Libstdc++so.6

hi guys I have to install a software that says have theses packages are required Libaio.so.1 Libstdc++so.6 are these default packages for a Suse 11 installation for instance? or do I need to download them to avoid dependency issues thanks a lot ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kopper
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script required for processing the data

I have following result.log file (always has 2 lines) which I need to process, cat result.log name.cmd.method,"result","abc","xyz"; name="hello,mine.12345,"&"tree"&" xyz "&" tree "&" xyz", data="way,"&" 1"&"rate-me"&"1"&"rate-me",str="",ret=""; now I need to extract the strings/data as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlDiva
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List no. of files in a directory/sub dir's and also an consolidated report as required

Need help on below query asap. Thanks. The below is the directory structure: /home/suren under /suren the following are the directories /bin /log /error /bin contains the following files abc.txt bcd.ksh cde.sh wer.ksh ghi (file with out any extension) /log contains the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureng
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to cut a some required data from file

Data_Consolidation_Engine_Part_2_Job2..TgtArBkt: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist I have some thing like above in the file.. Upto this portion Data_Consolidation_Engine_Part_2_Job2..TgtArBkt: the length can be vary .. Can some one help me in taking this portion alone ORA-00942:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Need to fetch the required data

Hi Guys, Am in need of your help one more time on my real data. I have a file which contains more than thousand lines of data Live data shown for 4 iterations. We have more than thousand lines of data:- -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching the required data out of a tabular form

Hello Gurus, I am trying to fetch a required number of lines from an output of a command which is in tabular form. Below is the command for reference along with how the result is being shown on UNIX shell. /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -b -p 5 The result of the above command is as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali Sarwar
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)