Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX revert from trusted system to default Post 302595449 by rbatte1 on Friday 3rd of February 2012 06:59:26 AM
Old 02-03-2012
Peasant,

Thanks for the input. A regular DR backup is in place and tested over the past few years. Back it up before you <insert expletive here> it up is a very good rule, especially with something a bit serious like this.

Unfortunately I cannot find anything about /etc/tsconvert. Trying to execute with a -? flag I just get "Not Superuser" and I dare not run it as such just yet. Smilie

I am interested in what the differences in control and risks are between the two. There must be a reason for converting to Trusted State in the first place.

Any more clues?

Thanks again,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Trusted system: Please Help.

I was playing with sam and i turned on the Trusted System feature (UX11i). Now i cant log onto it anymore, i can ping it, but icant telnet, rlogin or login at the login screen. I dont want to reboot my machine because i am affraid it wont boot and ask for a password. My root password is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Netghost
1 Replies

2. Solaris

need zpool to revert...

hi i have created a pool using zpool command for my /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 disk. The poolname is qwertyuiopasdfghjklmnbvcxzzxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiopoiuytrewqasdfghjklkjhgfdsazxcvbnmmnbnbcxczxzassd ddddvfhfghgjjgjhgkhkljfjlhohihiuyuioyguioyguiowyuiogwyuigwrigywuigyguiyuiogyugiyguioyuyguiowygiuygui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SankarV
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

shadowed password file on non-trusted system?

Is it possible to have shadowed password file without implementing a Trusted System? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxdude
3 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Revert SVN import

Instead of importing a project/folder as svn import vlsms/ file:///home/repo/vlsms -m "Initial Upload" I did svn import vlsms/ file:///home/repo -m "Initial Upload" How to undo this import (in a clean way,without trace?) ---------- Post updated at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnbach
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Enable telnet as root to 11.31 non-trusted system?

I have a new box that was set up for me and I want to allow telnet to the box as root. I know that it's not secure but due to the nature of what I test I need an easy and reliable way back in if I've messed up the other connection methods(SSH). This is in a protected lab environment. Eventually... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
17 Replies

6. Linux

Is it possible to revert a file after overwriting it ?

Long story short, there was some sort of corruption with my ide and the script I was working on has been over written with nothing (the file is blank now). The IDE doesn't store a back up from what I know (I'm using notepadd++ in wine lol I know I know I'm addictted to the nppftp sidebar and geany... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noPermissions
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CVS command to revert deleted files

Hi, I have deleted a file and commited in CVS. So, is there any CVS command to revert back that deleted file with existing log messages. --Thanks in advance Madhu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhuti
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to revert default prompt in Linux after setting PS1 command

I have given as: PS1="Karthick>" in linux. Now the prompt changed as: Karthick> Now I need to get back the default prompt . How to achieve this? Thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting system to trusted

Hi, I need to convert few HP-UX (V 11.31) machines from un-trusted to trusted. I used the HP SMH to do this on one server. However when I click on "Yes" to proceed with the conversion, I get this error : The attempt to convert this system to a trusted system failed. The command return value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies
NE_SSL_TRUST_CERT(3)						neon API reference					      NE_SSL_TRUST_CERT(3)

NAME
ne_ssl_trust_cert, ne_ssl_trust_default_ca - functions to indicate that certificates are trusted SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_session.h> void ne_ssl_trust_cert(ne_session *session, const ne_ssl_certificate *cert); void ne_ssl_trust_default_ca(ne_session *session); DESCRIPTION
To indicate that a given certificate is trusted by the user, the certificate object can be passed to ne_ssl_trust_cert. The certificate object is duplicated internally and can subsequently be destroyed. The SSL library in use by neon may include a default set of CA certificates; calling the ne_ssl_trust_default_ca function will indicate that these CAs are trusted by the user. EXAMPLES
Load the CA certificate stored in /path/to/cacert.pem: ne_session *sess = ne_session_create(...); ne_ssl_certificate *cert = ne_ssl_cert_read("/path/to/cacert.pem"); if (cert) { ne_ssl_trust_cert(sess, cert); ne_ssl_cert_free(cert); } else { printf("Could not load CA cert: %s ", ne_get_error(sess)); } SEE ALSO
ne_ssl_cert_read, ne_ssl_cert_import, ne_ssl_cert_free AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.29.6 3 May 2011 NE_SSL_TRUST_CERT(3)