Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX List all the soft links and hard links Post 302595434 by bartus11 on Friday 3rd of February 2012 06:13:26 AM
Old 02-03-2012
You can find symbolic links with:
Code:
find / -type l

Finding hardlinked files is not so easy...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links: (soft, hard? symbolic??) inode

Hi, what is link? and soft link? how about hard one and symbolic link. and inode. i get confuse about this links. could anyone help me with full explainsion? thks Gusla (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gusla
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links.... soft or hard.. not sure?

hi, i am in a directory, have 2 files as below then do a ls -l gives the below lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 23 Mar 08 2001 filea -> /adir/filea lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 23 Mar 08 2001 filea -> /adir/fileb now, when i do a cd /adir, the system said, adir not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using find to locate hard and soft links with tar

I am digging for certain types of files in the current directory and all its sub-directories and archiving them with the following code: #! /usr/bin/ksh Archive=`date +%Y_%m_%d_%T` find . -type f \( -name \*\.ksh -o -name \*\.sql -o -name \*\.ini \) -print|xargs tar -cf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to find all soft links in a directory

I need the command to find all soft links in a directory. Can someone please help. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgeo01
2 Replies

5. Programming

creating soft links

i'm trying to write a c code to copy a soft link over to a specified directory. Is it possible to do this without using symlink()? if so, what can I use? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple example for soft and hard links

Hai, give me a simple example for soft and hard links. this will work for soft link ?? ln -s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timestamp change for hard and soft links

Hi team, i am writing a purge script to delete softlinks and hardlinks on linux system which are 3/10/30 days old. To test the script i need to create links with old timestamp, i am able to cange timestamp for files but not for links. i tried touch -h option but this option is not available on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Soft links question

Hello. I have some main directories. For example : /main_dir1 /main_dir2In main_dir2, I have a sub dir named sub_dir2-1 with 2 files in it ( file_2-1, file_2-2 ) /main_dir2sub_dir2-1file_2-1 file_2-2From "/main_dir1/A/B/C" I make a soft link ln -s /main_dir2/sub_dir2-1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies
vhardlinks(1M)															    vhardlinks(1M)

NAME
vhardlinks - checks the consistency of compartment rules for files with multiple hardlinks SYNOPSIS
mount_point[...]] DESCRIPTION
checks the consistency of compartment rules for files that have multiple hard links pointing to them. If a file has multiple hard links, it is possible to create compartment rules such that the file will have conflicting rules controlling access to it. If you invoke without arguments, a list of mount points is taken from the default file which contains a list of system mount points, one per line. If the line is commented with a or if it is not the absolute path of a mount point, it is skipped. Output is logged to the file. Options recognizes the following option: Specifies mount points. mount_point(s) specifies the mount point(s) to check for files with multiple hard links when using the option. Multiple mount points are specified as a white space separated list. Security Restrictions The user invoking this command must have one of the following authorizations: A user with authorization can invoke this command from any compartment, while a user with authorization can invoke this command from only those compartments that have read and write access to the directory heirarchy. See authadm(1M)). FILES
Default file; a list of system mount points. Log file to which output from is directed. SEE ALSO
cmpt_tune(1M), compartments(4), compartments(5). vhardlinks(1M)