Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printing a text until a keyword is found Post 302595306 by icantfindauser on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 04:46:33 PM
Old 02-02-2012
Hi agama,

yea sorry not for specifying, I'm on a MBP (MacBook Pro) with underlying Darwin.
Your command works pretty well besides the fact, that it deletes everything after the last appearance of the keyword (mars), like I described in one of my earlier posts.
For example:
Code:
"jupiter
earth
sun
mars
mars
saturn"

With your code, the output would be:
Code:
"jupiter
earth
sun
mars"

But it should be:
Code:
"jupiter
 earth
 sun"

Cheers!

Last edited by icantfindauser; 02-02-2012 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines of text based on a specific keyword

I regularly extract lines of text from files based on the presence of a particular keyword; I place the extracted lines into another text file. This takes about 2 hours to complete using the "sort" command then Kate's find & highlight facility. I've been reading the forum & googling and can find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DionDeVille
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the first 10 lines below a keyword found by grep

Hello Everyone, i need to read specific number of lines ( always serialized ; i.e from 10 to 20 or from 34 to 44 ) in a file , where the first line is found by grep 'ing a keyword. example file.txt ------------------------------------------------------------------ --header this is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alain.kazan
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter text after keyword

I've got a little problem to solve and can't find a way to solve it. If have text line like the following: keyword1: text1 keyword2: text2 keyword3: text3 Now I need a script or command, which gives me the text for the corresponding keyword. The text can consist of only one or more words.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankbullitt78
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove keyword found in title

Hello All, I have a bunch of files that have the following format, where the title is INPUT.txt and contains the following text: INPUT-FILLER1 204 INPUT-FILLER2 FILLER6-INPUT 5 FILLER-INPUT I want to go through the directory and remove the keyword INPUT. For example, my output would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the line number of first column found

Hello, I have a question on how to find the line number of the first column that contains specific data. I know how to print all the line numbers of those columns, but haven't been able to figure out how to print only the first one that is found. For example, if my data has four columns: 115... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user553
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract lines from text after keyword

I have a text and I want to extract the 4 lines following a keyword! For example if I have this text and the keyword is AAA hello helloo AAA one two three four helloooo hellooo I want the output to be one two three four (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stekanius
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keyword search/replace for two text files?

What is the best way (bash/awk/sed?) to read in two text files and do a keyword search/replace? file1.txt: San Francisco Los Angeles Seattle Dallas file2.txt: I love Los Angeles. Coming to Dallas was the right choice. San Francisco is fun. Go to Seattle in the summer. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a text file with respect to Function/Keyword

Hello Experts, I am truly a beginner in shell and perl . Need an urgent help with sorting a file. please help. wouldn't mind whether in perl or shell script. Here are the details. ------------------------------------------------------ Input Text file EX:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a specific keyword in a text file into a new column

All, I have some sample text file(.csv) in the below format. In my actual file there are at least 100K rows. date 03/25/2016 A,B,C D,E,F date 03/26/2016 1,2,3 4,5,6 date 03/27/2016 6,4,3 4,5,6 I require the following output where in the date appeared at different locations need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)