Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to collect information from current and remote unix boxes Post 302595165 by amir07 on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 10:00:55 AM
Old 02-02-2012
Each box has username and password and password changes every 60 days; I can hardcode the username and passwd.

Thanks,

---------- Post updated at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:43 AM ----------

If run the script just for one box AIXMC01 (local; not remote) it prompt for passwd.

---------- Post updated at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:49 AM ----------

If run the script just for one box AIXMC01 (local; not remote) it prompt for passwd.

---------- Post updated at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:49 AM ----------

The problem is i cant hardcode the passwd for each box using my own userid; each box use secure ID.
secure ID contain 6digit + PIN.

But the best solution is I can get root passwd for each box;
I would like to hard code root passwd; root passwd dont required secure ID but they changes every 30 days; when they change I will change the script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Planning for DR, I have to collect information

Dear All, We are going for Disaster Recovery project, the vendor asked for more details about how much is the daily data changes only. using sar / iostat can any one help me to collect this ?! Note: only I need the changed data size not the daily increasing data. this is to know how much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adel8483
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can my unix shell script automatically connect to remote host?

How can my unix shell script automatically connect to remote host? Assume that there is a remote host called "rhost". When I connect to that host i give the command "telnet rhost". It then asks me for my id and password. Once i give it connects there. I want to automate these steps. I want... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: digdarshan
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable a shell to collect data from unix, return to windows

hi I am very new to UNIX. I need to retrieve data from a unix system and store it and display as output on a windows system. Initiation of procedure is through JAVASCRIPT-based buttons on a HTML page. This should cause a set of commands to run which colllect data from a unix based server and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rossalyn_maxter
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Collect information from switches

Hi All , In my environment we have 12 SAN switches .Culd u pls help me for below queries . would like to telnet to all switches and collect information in daily basis with "switchstatus" command and store the output under /tmp/ folder on systemA . To keep passwords of 12switches in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinni-script
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to collect all db information

hi all I am looking for shell script ,by which i need to gather all the DB information in Sybase server . Thanks in advance :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvsramarao
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to collect inbound connections

Hi Kindly provide me shell script on server to collect inbound connections, using port number on Linux. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adminhelp
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies

9. SuSE

How to filter SYSLOG data to collect meaningful information only?

Dear users, SUSE 10 sp3 and SUSE 11. I made configuration changes in '/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf' to move SYSLOG content to LogRhythm. This is what I changed in the file. Un-comment out the following lines #Enable this and admop IP to send log messages to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
10 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)