Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Cannot Switch from GUI to Text Screens Post 302595124 by aafflatoon on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 06:49:32 AM
Old 02-02-2012
i think, you did not enter the license key.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to switch between terminal screens in Sun Solaris 10

:) Hi everybody.. This is my firt post in this great forum.: I have installed Sun Solaris 10 on an Intel machine.. Now i login in CDE desktop as root. I want to switch between terminal screens pressing CTRL+ALT F1 (through F6) but nothing happens ?? any suggestions thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
2 Replies

3. AIX

Startup AIX in GUI or text mode

Can I know is there anyone know how to statup AIX in GUI and text mode? Thank You..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwarf007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

gui text box code snippet?

Hello, I have written some scripts that query the user and waits for keyboard input for an answer. I was wondering if there is any generic code snippets out there that would allow me to run this as a GUI. I am thinking of a simple dialogue box that would display the question and have a text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to switch from GUI to text mode?

Hi all I have installed solaris 5.10 and it is loading in GUI mode by default. I want to load in text mode by default. How to do this? How to switch from GUI to text mode and vise versa.? Please help.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

GUI Text Editors in WinXP -- what's their problem?

jEdit, Total Edit, EDXOR, all have one thing in common -- whatever they save in what they call "Unix" encoding and line endings inevitably shows up in a CLI text editor like pico or vim having garbage characters somewhere close to the beginning or, though this is more rare, somewhere in the body of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

HP UX welcome screens

How I can I remove the welcome screen for HPUX ie * * * * * Welcome to AIX Version 5.3! * * * but only for some users ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: belfastbelle
4 Replies

8. Hardware

How to go to GUI from text mode?

Dear All, i am trying to install the redhat linux using graphical mode...but it stucks while probing video card...i have installed linux using text mode it works fine and whole the installation goes fine. after installation if i give startx command it again stucks....looks like a vga card... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaheer.gr8
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

How can I see all screens of a user?

Hi folks, I was running many commands using root and closed the session. I would like to see if there is a way to go back to the server and see those screens so I can remember what I did the next time I need to do that. Thanks a bunch! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
3 Replies

10. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies
keyboard_translatekeys(3)					Svgalib User Manual					 keyboard_translatekeys(3)

NAME
keyboard_translatekeys - modify scancode mappings in raw keyboard mode SYNOPSIS
#include <vgakeyboard.h> void keyboard_translatekeys(int mask); DESCRIPTION
This function sets several flags which control how certain scancodes are mapped. At startup a mask value of 0 is active. mask must be a logical or of zero or more of the following #predefined integers to turn the features listed on: TRANSLATE_CURSORKEYS Translate the scancodes of the SCANCODE_CURSORBLOCK* keys to those of the cursor keys on the number pad, s.t. keyboard_getstate(3) and keyboard_keypressed(3) report a keypress of the corresponding number pad cursor key and not the one on the cursor block. TRANSLATE_DIAGONAL Translates the scancodes of diagonal cursor keys (keypad 7, 9, 1, 3) to presses of two of the ordinary up, down, left, right keys. For example, instead of reporting a press of SCANCODE_CURSORUPRIGHT keyboard_getstate(3) and keyboard_keypressed(3) report a simul- taneous press of SCANCODE_CURSORUP and SCANCODE_CURSORRIGHT. TRANSLATE_KEYPADENTER The scancode of the keypad enter key is mapped to that of the ordinary enter key, s.t. keyboard_getstate(3) and keyboard_key- pressed(3) report a press of SCANCODE_ENTER regardless if keypad enter or ordinary enter is pressed. DONT_CATCH_CTRLC Pressing <Ctrl>-C does not raise a SIGINT. On contrary to the other flags this has also effect when a user defined keyboard event handler is used. Svgalib will always process <Alt>-F1 - <Alt>-F10 and perform console switches accordingly. BUGS
The TRANSLATE_* options above do really do simple scancode translations. For example, when TRANSLATE_KEYPADENTER is active and the user presses both enter and keypad enter. Then, if he releases one of them (say keypad enter), it's release event will clear the common keyboard state, s.t. no keypress is reported even though enter is still pressed. Similarly, if TRANSLATE_DIAGONAL is active, the user holds cursor upleft (keypad 7) down and then presses and release cursor up (keypad 8), svgalib will only report a pressed cursor left but the simulated cursor up will be lost. You can easily try this with the keytest(6) demo to make the effect more clear to you. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), keytest(6), eventtest(6), keyboard_seteventhandler(3), keyboard_init(3), key- board_init_return_fd(3), keyboard_close(3), keyboard_update(3), keyboard_waitforupdate(3), keyboard_setdefaulteventhandler(3), key- board_getstate(3), keyboard_clearstate(3), keyboard_keypressed(3), vga_waitevent(3) AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 29 July 1997 keyboard_translatekeys(3)