Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date format in micro seconds
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date format in micro seconds Post 302595118 by srichunduru on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 06:45:25 AM
Old 02-02-2012
Thank you very much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date

Hi all! I'm working on a HPUX system, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert a date from seconds (since 1970) to a normal date. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: travian
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference in day-hours-minutes-seconds format

Hi experts, I am reading two log files and passing dates as output to a txt file. Code is given below: echo "Start Time:" >> Report.txt cat start.log | while read LINE1 do echo $DATE1 >> Report.txt done echo "End Time:" >> Report.txt cat end.log | while read LINE2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing from Excel date format to MySQL date format

I have a list of dates in the following format: mm/dd/yyyy and want to change these to the MySQL standard format: yyyy-mm-dd. The dates in the original file may or may not be zero padded, so April is sometimes "04" and other times simply "4". This is what I use to change the format: sed -i '' -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion from Standard/given format to seconds/epoch

I am trying get time difference of two dates in secs. Initially I want to convert a standard date format to epoch for two dates and then subtract the two epoch dates. Example : date -d "2007-09-01 17:30:40" '+%s' But this gives me below error date: illegal option -- d Usage: date OS: AIX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpaac
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date in seconds with decimals

I am trying to get date to display decimal Desired output 1350386096256.12 I know this can be done with printf, but are not able to make it work. I have tested this and many otherprintf "%.2f" $(($(date +%s%N)/1000000)) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex match date and seconds format

Hi $ awk '{print $1," ",$4}' access.log | sort | uniq -c| sort -nr | head -n20 62 192.168.10.6 How can get the result like 62, 192.168.10.6, 14:40 62, 192.168.10.32, 47:57 I tried modifying - $ awk '{print $1," ",$4}' access.log | sort | uniq -c| sort -nr | head -n20 | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract Seconds from Date Command

Hi, Need to subtract 5 seconds after syncing my Linux server from NTP like; #ntpdate time.myorg.int. This script will only run once in each morning at 9 AM. Please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: refra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting time format as Integer to seconds

Hello, How can we convert date like format 20181004171050 in seconds ? I can able to convert till date but failing for HHMMSS. date -d "20181004" "+%s" output as 1538596800 . But when i add hhmmss it is failing date -d "20181004172000" "+%s" result Invalid date Kindly guide. Regards (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
16 Replies
GETDATE(1)							   User Commands							GETDATE(1)

NAME
getdate - AME SYNOPSIS
[-dv][-n dec][-f format] [ra dec sys] itype2otype [date and/or time] DESCRIPTION
Convert date and time between various formats [-dv][-n dec][-f format] itype2otype @file itype: nfd=ISOFITS fd=FITS, dt=yyyy.mmdd, hr=hh:mm:ss, deg=dd:mm:ss jd=Julian Date, mjd=Modified Julian Date hjd=Heliocentric Julian Date, mhjd=Modified HJD ep=epoch, epj=Julian epoch, epb=Besselian epoch lt=local time, ut=UT, ts=seconds since 1950-01-01 now=current time, ang=fractional degrees otype: fd=FITS, dt=yyyy.mmdd, jd=Julian Date, mjd=Modified Julian Date hjd=Heliocentric Julian Date, mhjd=Modified HJD hr=hh:mm:ss, deg=dd:mm:ss, ang=fractional degrees ep=epoch, epj=Julian epoch, epb=Besselian epoch ts=seconds since 1950-01-01, tsu=Unix sec, tsi=IRAF sec gst=Greenwich Sidereal Time, lst=Local Sidereal Time @file: First one or two columns are in itype format ra dec sys: Need for Heliocentric conversions -a: Append date to input file, if there is one -d: Print date without time -e: Print output as ET/TDT/TT converting from UT -f: Format for output number (C printf) -h hours: Longitude in hours, west positive -l degrees: Longitude in degrees, west positive -n: Number of decimal places in sec, epoch, JD -t: Print time without date -v: Verbose getdate 3.8.4 June 2012 GETDATE(1)