Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mail script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mail script Post 302595048 by joshiamit on Thursday 2nd of February 2012 02:00:36 AM
Old 02-02-2012

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

e-mail script

Hi there, Just wondering if anyone can help me with a unix script that will allow to check if a file is in a directory and if it is then e-mail it to someone and then move the file to another directory. I have come up with nothing right now and was hoping someone could get the ball rolling... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ben_shark
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script that script extract info from mail

Hello, I receive email once an hour that looks like: subject line: dialin body: ip address ip address . . sometimes the body has no ip address in it(blank mail) I want a script that will send to my email every 12 hours the ip numbers and the time and data something like: data,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meravd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Script need Help???

Hi I have written the folowing mail function: SENDMAIL () { mailx -r 'Team' -s ' QA Test & Work Build & Deployment ---> STARTED' $INTERESTED<<EOF Maintenance is going on $path in 10 Minutes. So Please exit the Accounts EOF return } Above is working fine for me.. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
2 Replies

4. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to read mail on a mail server

Hi All, Is there any way Unix shell script can directly read a mail on a mail server (for eg. abc@xyz.com) and save it as a text file in a unix directory ? Thanks PRKS ---------- Post updated at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:36 AM ---------- I am using ksh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PRKS
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script with mail

hello , what is wrong in this script ? #!/bin/bash limite=3 while ; do if ; then pru=/usr/bin/mei.txt cat $pru | mail -s "IMEIS" account@domain.com fi (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: academico69
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail script

Hi Folks Please help me on the below script I want to write a script to mail with the subject as "xxxxx" on (lastday-1)_month_year. means for this month the subject is like "xxxx" on 30_jan_2013 for february the subject is like "xxxx" on 27_feb_2013 only the subject needs to change,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboy98699
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
BUNDLE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BUNDLE(1)

NAME
bundle - collect files for distribution SYNOPSIS
bundle file ... DESCRIPTION
Bundle writes on its standard output a shell script for rc(1) or a Bourne shell which, when executed, will recreate the original files. Its main use is for distributing small numbers of text files by mail(1). Although less refined than standard archives from ar(1) or tar(1), a bundle file is self-documenting and complete; little preparation is required on the receiving machine. EXAMPLES
bundle mkfile *.[ch] | mail kremvax!boris Send a makefile to Boris together with related and files. Upon receiving the mail, Boris may save the file sans postmark, say in gift/horse, then do cd gift; rc horse; mk SOURCE
/rc/bin/bundle SEE ALSO
ar(1), tar(1), mail(1) BUGS
Bundle will not create directories and is unsatisfactory for non-text files. Beware of gift horses. BUNDLE(1)