Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to Install the CA Certificate on Red Hat Post 302594925 by bitlord on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 02:02:12 PM
Old 02-01-2012
What's up.
I'm also doing the same thing as you. I have not done the ssl part yet. Below is the guide I used to build my OpenLdap setup.
Centralize user accounts with OpenLDAP

He goes over most of the stuff you will need for the setup. He left out the automount/autofs stuff. Also the Red Hat and the CentOS sites have step by step instructions on how to set up openldap. There are even youtub videos showing you how to do it.

The link above has you download openssl so, just download the latest.

I hope this helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating Red Hat install CD

Good morning, I'm currently "Trying" to download Red Hat. Which files should I burn on the CD for the install. I imagine it's the IOS files, but I'd like to make sure. I have 2 files, Disk_1 (647 mb) and Disk_2 (641 mb). Do I burn these files to a disk as is or do I need to do something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DFR574
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New User, New Install Red Hat 9, need serious Instruction

Hey... I'm so proud of myself. After nearly 13 hours of trying to get Red Hat installed on my PC I got it on here. But I'm having all sorts of problems. First the boot loader is corrupted and all I get is LI and then the computer freezes. But I can boot fine from the floppy that was made during... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfunkle
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install broadband connection on red hat?

hi , i m new to linux , i have adsl modem , and i have two os on my machine windows and redhat . i install pppoe (broadband ) on windows , but i don't know how i install broadband on redhat . plz if u are confirm then tell me the solution because already i dump my one adsl modem , because... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert_every1
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Install gstreamer on red hat

hello, i have downloaded the gstreamer from following location Index of /pkg/redhat/9/i386/SRPMS.gst and i placed in the root/Zoom directory. now i want to install that on my system so that i can devolop some gstreamer related applications and run it. now how i need to install it on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: juststarted
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to install and uninstall apache on Red Hat Linux 5

Hi All, I installed Linus on virtual PC on my system. I want to configure apache on it. Also i want to install nagios and want to access through web broser from my system. How can I do this. Kindly provide soln its required urgently......... plsssssssssssssssss (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?

I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S? Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features). Is there any such file system in Linux? Which file system should i use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?

I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S? Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features). Is there any such file system in Linux? Which file system should i use?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Step to Install Red Hat Linux

Hi, I need to install red hat Linux 9 with hardware raid 0. kindly share steps to carry out the same. Rgds Deljatt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: deljatt
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Install Red Hat 4.2 (Not Enterprise) from install tree

Hi guys I would like to install Red Hat Linux 4.2 on my old box (pIII). However there is a problem: i can't find the .iso image anywhere in the Net, all the material that i've found is (i think) an install tree of the OS. It will be possible for me to install the OS from that install tree? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk2soldier
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Red Hat 6 yum install no package availiable

I have installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 server, it is registered but not subscribed. If I install using yum every time it is showing that no package available, how to resolve it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
2 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)						    Red Hat Linux System Manual 					      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - a program for non interactively registering systems to Red Hat Network SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [OPTION]... [PACKAGE NAME]... DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the Red Hat Network. It is designed to be used in a non-interactive enviroment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the commandline or stdin. --profilename Specify the profilename that should be used as an identifier for the system in Red Hat Network --username The username to register the system with under Red Hat Network. This can be an existing Red Hat Network username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --orgid Specify an organizational id of the org to register this system under. This is optional, and only used if registered a system to an existing Red Hat Network organization. --orgpassword The password assocated with the orgig specified with the --orgid option. This is an unencrypted password. --email The email address associated with the username specified iwth the --username option. --serialnumber Specify a servial number to associate with the system. This is optional, and only useful when combined with an orgid. --contactinfo Read contact info from standard in. The format is one entry per line, colon seperated. Valid options are reg_num, title, first_name, last_name, company, position, address1, address2, city, state, zip, country, phone, fax, contact_email, contact_mail, contact_phone, contact_fax, contact_special, contact_newsletter. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version fo rhnreg_ks --proxy Specify a http proxy to use. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date Configuration settings for up2date and rhnreg_ks /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT The ssl certificate authority file used by rhnreg_ks to validate the Red Hat Network ssl servers. EXAMPLES
The following registers a new system to Red Hat Network. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" The following examples registers a new system to Red Hat Network including contact info. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" --contactinfo < contactinfo where the file "contactinfo" contains data in the format: first_name: Billy last_name: Bob company: SomeCompanyName city: Springfield fax: 555-5555 phone: 555-5555 SEE ALSO
Configuration can be done via up2date --configure. rhnreg_ks is used to register a system to Red Hat Network. Visit <http://rhn.red- hat.com> for access or to sign up. You can also run up2date to register a system with Red Hat Network. Authors Written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Wed 10 April 2002 RHNREG_KS(8)