Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX NFS Client unable to access shared DIR's Post 302594917 by Amit Kulkarni on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 01:30:25 PM
Old 02-01-2012
Java NFS Client unable to access shared DIR's

I ve a client : <clientname> and a server: <servername>
Both of them running: HPUX B.11.31

SERVER outputs:
I ve shared a folder in <servername> called /test and the O/P for
Code:
# exportfs
-               /test   root=<clientname>,rw=<clientname>,ro   ""

# showmount -e
export list for <servername>:
/test   (everyone)

# ps -ef | grep rpc
root    35     0  0  Jan  5  ?         0:00 krpckd
daemon  1104     1  0  Jan  5  ?         0:00 /usr/sbin/rpc.statd
root  1027     1  0  Jan  5  ?         0:00 /usr/sbin/rpcbind
root  1110     1  0  Jan  5  ?         0:00 /usr/sbin/rpc.lockd
root  1579     1  0  Jan  5  ?         0:06 /opt/dce/sbin/rpcd
root  2182     1  0  Jan  5  ?         0:00 /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd
root 26623 17818  0 23:53:04 pts/ti    0:00 grep rpc

CLIENT outputs:
Code:
# ps -ef | grep rpc
 root    29     0  0  Jan  2  ?         0:00 krpckd
 root  1697     1  0  Jan  2  ?         0:12 /opt/dce/sbin/rpcd
 root 19904     1  0 22:44:55 ?         0:00 /usr/sbin/rpcbind
 root 19931     1  0 22:45:17 ?         0:00 /usr/sbin/rpc.lockd
daemon 19925     1  0 22:45:17 ?         0:00 /usr/sbin/rpc.statd
 root 21690 15214  0 23:54:11 pts/tc    0:00 grep rpc
 root 21194     1  0 23:34:01 ?         0:00 /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd

# showmount -e <servername>
export list for <servername>:
/test   (everyone)

# ll
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root       sys             32 Feb  1 23:14 test -> /net/<servername>/test

#cd test
sh: test:  not found.

NOTE:
I ve included both server and clients in each others /etc/hosts file and also in
/.rhosts file
I ve also verified that both client and server are able to ping each other and remsh commands from each other.

Please throw some light on why is the nfs link not working on <clientname>?

Last edited by Scott; 02-01-2012 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to access fedora 10 shared folder from windows

Linux OS : Fedora 10 (No graphical mode) Windows OS : XP and Windows Server NT I am able to access from my windows to linux using following step //fedora10 ip username of admin and password I am able to view the admin and shared printer of fedora 10. When i try to enter in the admin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightmare49
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

3. Programming

Unable to use libcurl to access a site requiring client authentication

I’m using the below snipped for setting the certificate and key for client authentication. curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERT,"clientCert.pem"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD,"changeit"); curl_easy_setopt(curl,CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE,"PEM"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find the available shared directories at the NFS client machine?

I'm using nfs client machine. One of my colleague said that he shared the directories using nfs server ......... How can i know the nfs shared directories available to mount at my machine....?? Thanks in Advance.:b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use programs in shared folder except ones in my home dir

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use programs in shared folder except ones in my home dir

I am using a cluster where all the programs are located in a shared folder (I can only read but not modify anything in this folder). The path of the share folder is in my .bashrc file (and thus also in my $PATH - first position): source /home/shared/bashrc But some of the programs are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
RQUOTAD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RQUOTAD(8)

NAME
rpc.rquotad - remote quota server SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.rquotad [ -FI ] [ -p port ] [ -s | -S ] [ -x path ] /usr/sbin/rpc.rquotad [ -h | -V ] DESCRIPTION
rpc.rquotad is an rpc(3) server which returns quotas for a user of a local filesystem which is mounted by a remote machine over the NFS. It also allows setting of quotas on NFS mounted filesystem (if configured during compilation and allowed by a command line option -S). The results are used by quota(1) to display user quotas for remote filesystems and by edquota(8) to set quotas on remote filesystems. rquotad daemon uses tcp-wrappers library (under service name rquotad) which allows you to specify hosts allowed/disallowed to use the daemon (see hosts.allow(5) manpage for more information). The rquotad daemon is normally started at boot time from the system startup scripts. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show program usage and exit. -V, --version Show version of quota tools. -s, --no-setquota Don't allow setting of quotas (default). This option is available only if utilities were compiled with the rpcsetquota option. -S, --setquota Allow setting of quotas. This option is available only if utilities were compiled with the rpcsetquota option. -F, --foreground Run daemon in foreground (may be useful for debugging purposes). -I, --autofs Do not ignore autofs mountpoints. -p port, --port port Listen on alternate port port. -x path, --xtab path Set an alternative file with NFSD export table. This file is used to determine pseudoroot of NFSv4 exports. The pseudoroot is then prepended to each relative path (i.e. a path not beginning by '/') received in a quota RPC request. FILES
aquota.user or aquota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 2 quota, non-XFS filesystems) quota.user or quota.group quota file at the filesystem root (version 1 quota, non-XFS filesystems) /etc/mtab default filesystems SEE ALSO
quota(1), rpc(3), nfs(5), services(5), inetd(8) RQUOTAD(8)