Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List of 'if -f' options - AIX / Korn Shell Post 302594828 by methyl on Wednesday 1st of February 2012 10:07:35 AM
Old 02-01-2012
In "ksh" [ ] does not invoke /usr/bin/test.
The whole of the test function is built into "ksh" plus a few more extensions. Only the extensions are documented in detail in "man ksh". The vast majority of the ksh "test" function is documented in "man test".
This User Gave Thanks to methyl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell + sftp + list files

Hello!!! I need a korn shell script in AIX that inside sftp environment, changes a remote directory, lists the files inside it, and stores in an array. I got it working before make a sftp, but after.. I can't.. The way it is, it lists the files in local path... so.. not what I want, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alienET
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount options - AIX

I'm trying to write a script to verify that file systems mounted properly after a reboot or a script that any system admin can run to verify that all file systems are mounted properly. With HP-UX, I can run a mount -aQ and it will mount file systems not already mounted and report back any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DRPearce
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX 4.2 Korn shell and grep question

Ho do I find out the verion of the Kron shell on my client`s system ? There is no one to ask. They are not knowledged enough (hard to believe but yes). Also, on that AIX 4.2, I am trying to figure out how to do a grep using a search patter like below but does not seam to work. The '*' do... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX Korn shell sed -s problem

In a Korn shell script I have, cat ../header | sed -e 's/flag1/$cnumb/g' > header.txt The header is short {{Company flag1}} But the result in header.txt is {{Company $cnumb}} The value of $cnumb is 120. I am trying to get the value of $cnumb into the header. I have tried /'$cnumb'/g,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcarrott
10 Replies

5. AIX

Any hope to get lp options like the following to work on AIX (6.1)?

Greetings Aix gurus, I have been appointed the task to port my SAS environment on HP-UX to AIX... I have been able to solve most issues but I am stuck with the following lines (these were easy to find, since in shell scripts but I found out that there are plenty more and encapsulated in SAS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbe
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the list in korn shell

Hi I wanted to print/store just a specific element of the list . I have got the list as an output of grep command. here is code snap below : end_no=`egrep -ni '!return code: 0|return code other than 0' temp.log | cut -d':' -f1` this will return the line numbers in end_no. I just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell@korn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pipe separated list as line by line in Korn Shell

Korn Shell in AIX 6.1 I want to print the below shown pipe (|) separated list line by line. line=es349889|nhb882309|ts00293|snh03524|bg578835|bg37900|rnh00297|py882201|sg175883 for i in line do echo "Hello $line " done I wanted to execute the above for loop. But i can't even set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell behaviour in AIX

Hi, Consider the code snippet below: fun() { while read x do echo $x done < somefile_that_does_not_exists } fun echo I am here Korn shell on HPUX prints the message "I am here", while the behaviour is different on AIX korn shell. We do not get the message on AIX. Any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 116@434
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help when using Typeset in AIX Korn Shell

Guys, please help! I am currently using an AIX server however whenever I tried to use the typeset -F3, the variable is resulting with a "#". In the given example below, I declared x to be a decimal holding 3 decimal places = 1.455. However whenever I tried to echo the $x, the resulting value... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzavilz
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Options for AIX server backups

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Forgive a question that may have been asked, but I would like to get advice on options for backups of an AIX server. The AIX server in question has about 2TB of storage, with 3 Oracle databases configured on it We're currently using tar backups to tape, LTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
scrl(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    scrl(3XCURSES)

NAME
scrl, scroll, wscrl - scroll a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int scrl(int n); int scroll(WINDOW *win); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); PARAMETERS
n number and direction of lines to scroll win pointer to the window in which to scroll DESCRIPTION
The scroll() function scrolls the window win up one line. The current cursor position is not changed. The scrl() and wscrl() functions scroll the window stdscr or win up or down n lines, where n is a positive (scroll up) or negative (scroll down) integer. The scrollok(3XCURSES) function must be enabled for these functions to work. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
clearok(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 scrl(3XCURSES)