Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting GetLine fn always giving last line of the file Post 302594570 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 04:55:51 PM
Old 01-31-2012
Hi, next time please put code tags and properly indent your code, so it is easier to read
Code:
print $1,$2,f2,Tar_Grp_Nam,f1,Group_ID,f3,f4,$7;

is outside the while loop, so it will always report the values of the last line, of the group file, after all the lines of the group file will have been read.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using the getline to populate an array from a file

Hello, I am trying to use the awk getline command to populate an array from a flat file. Has anyone done this before? So we have file1: a b c d I want to create an array like index that contains these four elements (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving input to a c++ file

My C++ program creates a nxn matrix with given value. For e.g if the input is 10 it will creates a matrix of 10x10 now what i want is the script should run program and give input values in a variation of 1000. Say first matrix of 1000 then 2000 , 3000 ..... 10000. I tried using for loop but unable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonyaim83
2 Replies

3. Solaris

^p not giving command line history.

I am used to using "set -o emacs" and then using "CNTL-P" for getting previous commands in solaris but on one host it does not work and instead just makes a DONG!! # ksh # set -o emacs # ls # ^p Can anyone offer guidance as to why this is? Thank you my friends. akbar (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving format to a file

hi all, i have a big problem and i don't know what to do. This is the thing: i have a flat file with 26 fields, which are separated by ';' by example, i have this: Peter;Smith;2005;200508; ......... if the lengths of the fields are: field 1: Alphanumeric - field 2: Alphanumeric - field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - getline from parametric file name

Hi! I have an input file for an awk script that I need to split into several files and the process them separately line by line. I have splitted the input file into the other files, that have been created correctly. But, since their names are parametric (i.e. output_1.txt, output_2.txt..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice236
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getline from another file

Here is I want to do: find lines in file filteredtrace.txt which is not continued as a multiply of 4 and strip them from file original_trace_framno. problem is awk used the ' symbol so pipe of getline has to use the " symbol while agument of sed has to use the " symbol, it doesn't... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzq420241
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print header as text from separate file with getline

I would like to print the output beginning with a header from a seperate file like this: awk 'BEGIN{FS="_";print ((getline < "header.txt")>0)} { if (! ($0 ~ /EL/ ) print }" input.txtWhat am i doing wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline t file

I want to import a textfile with getline into var t which has several lines. How do import all lines, since it only imports the last line: while < ((getline t "textfile") > 0) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc -L giving incorrect length of longest line

Running below line gives 3957 as length of longest line in file 20121119_SRMNotes_init.dat awk ' { if ( length > 3950 ) { x = length } }END{ print x }' 20121119_SRMNotes_init.dat While wc -L 20121119_SRMNotes_init.dat gives output as 4329. Why is there a difference between these two commands.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satish Mantha
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk getline 8 times and if $3 = 8 when subtracted from 1st line,print

I have kind of a strange one here. I have a file of consecutive /24 ip blocks. If there are 8 consecutive ip blocks which represent a /20 then I need to print the first line. I played around and did not get the results I need, especially when considering that the highest $3 will be is 255 and then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
6 Replies
ICECREAM(1)							     icecream							       ICECREAM(1)

NAME
icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time SYNOPSIS
icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..] DESCRIPTION
icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk. Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time. icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message describing all options -q, --quiet Turn off output -v, --verbose Be verbose -t, --tracks Split stream into tracks (if possible) --name=NAME Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes. --stop=N[units] Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs --user-agent=AGENT Set user-agent header to AGENT --stdout Output stream to stdout (implies -q) --sync Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin --debug Turn on debugging outputs EXAMPLES
Streaming to mpg123 icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 - Split stream into different tracks icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin Prepare a 74 minute CD icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u Use a filename with today's date as output icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net> 1.3 2008-04-28 ICECREAM(1)