Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identify missing VGs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify missing VGs Post 302594558 by Daniel Gate on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 03:38:06 PM
Old 01-31-2012
Identify missing VGs

HTML Code:
lsvg
command returns
PHP Code:
rootvg
mqB01vg
heartbeatvg
mqA01vg
oracleAvg2
cevgA01
orastgevg
HTML Code:
lsvg -o
command returns
PHP Code:
rootvg
mqB01vg
heartbeatvg
mqA01vg
oracleAvg2
In this example,

PHP Code:
cevgA01
orastgevg 
are not in
HTML Code:
lsvg -o
What I need is to identify the missing ones i.e.
PHP Code:
cevgA01
orastgevg 
and run the loop against the missing ones.
HTML Code:
for i in `the_indentified_missing_vg`
bootinfo -s $i/1024 (for GB display)
done
Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

no VGs found

When I give lsvg command It says no VGs found When I give lspv,it gives a listing of all PVs corresponding to their respective VGs i.e. rootvg,uservg,etc. But when I give lspv hdisk0 It says rootvg not found in Configuration Manager Database. thanks Manu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
3 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb restore ( vgs on SAN disks)

I have my application vendor looking at this but I want to do my own investigation. I restored from mksysb and I see my vgs that contain my internal disks. But I do not see my vgs that contain disks from the SAN. This scares me .. {{ Ha, ha!! My AIX expert boss just told me I have nothing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
0 Replies

3. AIX

Wierd thing about FSs and VGs

Hello It appears that on a regular basis, perhaps when weekly rebooting happens, not sure yet, my odm becomes out of sync. When doing a smitty file system list by volume group, the FS type is displayed as ??? on several FSs. Always in the same VG. I know how to fix this problem, thing is,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
4 Replies

4. AIX

to identify failed pv

Hi friends,.... am sindhiya, i have joined as AIX level 1 support. help me to identify the failed pv in vg which has some 4 physical volumes? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sindhiya
2 Replies

5. SuSE

Remove disks from VGs in LVM

Hi, I have following set up on Open suse 11 vgdisplay pvdisplay lvdisplay I would like to remove these disks /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc from LVM and do not use them for anything.. Can anyone please help me with this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: upengan78
1 Replies

6. AIX

Unknown VGs

Hi Guys, I found on one of the server there are 2 VG's which I dont have any Idea of who created .. as below bash-3.00$ lsvg old_rootvg rootvg datavg altinst_rootvg altinst_rootvg under is meant for alternate disk installation.. But I'm not sure for which version of OS it was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
5 Replies

7. Solaris

In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS

Need some one to explain "In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS". Actually, I am not aware of this. Thanks, Rama (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
0 Replies

8. SuSE

How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3?

Hello, This is a programming question as well as a suse question, so let me know if you think I should post this in programming. I have an application that I compiled under opensuse 12.2 using g77-3.3/g++3.3. The program compiles and runs just fine. I gave the application to a colleague who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify missing file

I am on linux and I am supposed to receive 3 files. If any of the files are not received I need to identify the missing file and throw it out in a variable. I have put in something like this if ] then echo "file $file1 was found" else echo "ERROR: file $file1 was not found!!!"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
8 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)