Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux book
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux book Post 302594486 by mark54g on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 11:35:17 AM
Old 01-31-2012
If you are new to Linux, you have absolutely NO business going on an interview. You will not be prepared to work on the systems involved. This is not learning how to use MS Paint. There are lots of complicated ideas and terms to know.

You should learn and have the knowledge already before you interview.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux book

Hi guys, i have a book about Linux Red Hat 6.2 and I was wondering if this book will "fit" (be compatible) on Linux RedHat 7.1 or 7.2? thanx :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ozzy20
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the book Hacking Linux Exposed

i have the book Hacking Linux Exposed. Why is it that a lot of these commands dont work in my RH8 system? Do you need a special package? Or are they outdated? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASpin
11 Replies

3. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux Virtual Memory Book

. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Driver
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Book for Linux Basics and Linux device driver.

hai friend, I am new to Linux, i need a book for Linux basic and Linux device driver .. plz send the book name and author(Easy to learn and mostly used by programmers) and also send the link if it is available in Net... Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please recommend a good Unix or Linux book

I looking to broaden my knowledge in Unix/Linux. I have taken some basic classes in the past and tinkered a little with operating system at home.. What i am looking for is if someone could suggest a good book or class or both to help out. Looking at getting a Unix or Linux Certification. I work... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: harlemi
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the best book to learn linux kernel?

I'm looking for a book to learn Linux Kernel Now I got a basic C and operating system concept Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Runicer
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

What's your all time favorite UNIX/Linux book?

I can bet everyone has their one favorite book even though we have had read many books on UNIX or Linux. My all time favorite is "Unix Power Tools". This book always made me geeky and I loved the little tricks/tips in the book. I still do! The next favorite would be "Prentice Hall Unix and Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
0 Replies

9. Programming

book on linux application written with c

Just learned c language ,but I don't know where to start to write some applications under Linux ,I really appreciate it if anybody can help me find some books or sites on it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgdcjq
2 Replies
libebook-1.2(3) 						   User Commands						   libebook-1.2(3)

NAME
libebook-1.2, libedata-book-1.2 - addressbook library, backend library for Evolution addressbook DESCRIPTION
libebook-1.2 provides classes for client interactions. It relies on the classes in libedata-book which runs in an instance of Evolution Data Server to provide the data. libedata-book-1.2 provides classes for backend implementation. Writing an address book backend for the Evolution Data Server involves extending the EBookBackend class and implementing its virtual methods. Backends that require network communication generally extend the EBookBackend class. This class makes sure the backend return the results of its operations asynchronously. Other backends, including the file and vcf ones, extend EBookBackendSync, which is derived from EBookBackend and provides wrappers around its virtual functions to facil- itate backend implementation when network performance is not of concern. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), libecal(3), libedataserver(3), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) NOTES
Sun does not guarantee the stability of these interfaces and does not recommend their use. API documentation for these interfaces is pro- vided by the Evolution free software community for those who wish to develop using these interfaces. However, you can visit the following URL for more information: http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/developer-doc/libebook/EBook.html Written by Nancy Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. SunOS 5.11 11 Oct 2006 libebook-1.2(3)