Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX: Find a process older than 15days Post 302594483 by chandu123 on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 11:28:11 AM
Old 01-31-2012
Thank you all for your response. This works for me.

-Chandra

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to remove 15days back old files

Hi Experts, I want to delete the log files which is created 15 days back. 1st I want to view the files and later I want to delete viewed files I have tried with following command but its not working. find . -name '*.log' -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; This is showing the list which shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidya2006
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. AIX

Cmd to find CPU utiliz of a process in AIX

Hello All, I wanna find the CPU utilization of a specific process running on AIX OS. I have its pid, but not sure about the command. iostat sar 5 5 vmstat All the above give me system CPU utilization. Is there a way to find for a specific pid??? Thanks, Ankita (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankita
11 Replies

4. AIX

Find CPU per process in AIX

Hi. I am looking for a command that will return me the amount of CPU used by a specific process in AIX environment. I know there is TOPAS - but it is interactive and I need to get this information from system that connects remotely via SSH. Using writing to files and than reading them is also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

5. AIX

How do i delete files older than 15 days in AIX?

Hi i have tried searching and googling, but cant quite get there I need to delete all files in a directory that are older than 15 days here is what i have tried find /path/to/files* -mtime +15 -exec del {} \;the first section works find /path/to/files* -mtime +15but the del command dosent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluesteel
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to find what process is using a port in AIX 5L and above.

There have been a lot of threads about how to find processes that are using a specific port on an AIX server. After long hours of research and reading countless "you can't do that" responses, I finally found the answer. YES IT CAN BE DONE! YES ITS EASY. NO, I DON'T KNOW WHY NO ONE GETS THIS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 8 hours

I need a script to find files older than 8 hours... I know i can use mmin but the same is not working...the same only support mtime... This is the script i created..but the same is only giving 1 hour old..as I have given dt_H as 1 only...but if i give 8..it can go in -(negative)..how to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotton
5 Replies

8. Linux

Logrotate every 15days

Hi all, I have been asked to configure logrotate for a perticular log file for every 15 days. I do not find options other than weekly or monthly.Need you expertise on the same:confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iron_michael86
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find processes older than 1 day

// AIX 6.1 I need to extract PIDs of ps -ef |grep /usr/lib/lpd/pio | awk '{print $2}' ps -ef |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh | awk '{print $2}' that are older than 1 day. I know find . -type f -mtime +1, but it doesn't work for PIDs. Please let me know how to get the PIDs older than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. AIX

Older versions of the XL C/C++ Evaluation for AIX 5.3

Hello, IBM offers a evaluation version of their XL C/C++ compiler. Unfortunatly v16.1 (from Developerworks) can not be installed on AIX 5.3 (I can not upgrade my old 32 Bit RS/6000 to a later version) and I have not found any older versions on the IBM and Developerworks pages. Is there a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eh2scqw
8 Replies
KILLALL5(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       KILLALL5(8)

NAME
killall5 -- send a signal to all processes. SYNOPSIS
killall5 -signalnumber [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] DESCRIPTION
killall5 is the SystemV killall command. It sends a signal to all processes except kernel threads and the processes in its own session, so it won't kill the shell that is running the script it was called from. Its primary (only) use is in the rc scripts found in the /etc/init.d directory. OPTIONS
-o omitpid Tells killall5 to omit processes with that process id. NOTES
killall5 can also be invoked as pidof, which is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program. EXIT STATUS
The program return zero if it killed processes. It return 2 if no process were killed, and 1 if it was unable to find any processes (/proc/ is missing). SEE ALSO
halt(8), reboot(8), pidof(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 04 Nov 2003 KILLALL5(8)