Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search and Insert
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and Insert Post 302594406 by methyl on Tuesday 31st of January 2012 09:11:55 AM
Old 01-31-2012
Based on your example, would a blunt "sed" do?
The white space is typed as a real "tab" character.
Code:
sed -e 's/^123  key0=A;B;C;:key1=X;Y;Z;:/123    key0=A;B;C;D;:key1=X;Y;Z;D;:/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and insert

how can i modify a file using sed when searching for a pattern and insert newline after the pattern? pattern example: $ ...(any characters)...$ $ may082001.../tmp/msg.001,,$ REPT CLEAR ALARMS ON UNIT 1 $ may082001.../tmp/msg.002,,$ UNIT 1 IN SERVICE into: $... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to insert line break + string in vi (search & replace )

Hello all i have big test file that has allot of structure text something like this : <foo1 *.html> <blah action> somthing 1 somthing 2 </blah> </foo1 > now i will like to insert 2 more lines of text below the <blah action> so it will be like : <foo1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and insert between Pattrens...

Hi Every One... I wanted to inserted a line in between matched pattrens.. Ex... InPut File.. WRITEQ TS ************************** aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb cccccccccccccccccccccccc SOME PATTREN's RESP ( WS-RESP ) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a line and insert string into specific at position

Hi, guys. I have one question: How can I search for a line with certain string in it and then insert a string into this line? For example: There is a file called shadow, the contents of it are below: ************************** ... yuanz:VIRADxMsadfDF/Q:0:0:50:7:::... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - search for string and insert line above

Hi,, Please excuse my lack of knowledge here. I think I am tring to do something fairly advanced yet am a bit of a beginner..... I want to use a korn shell (as is the norm with others in my company) to write a script to search a file for a string and insert some text above that line. Sudo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoDarley
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Block of Text into a File After a Ranged Search

Hello, I've been racking my brain trying to find a good way to accomplish a task. I need to insert a block of text into a file in the format of FirewallRuleSet proxy-users { FirewallRule allow to 0.0.0.0/0 } I need to insert this block of text (which could have sed special... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0xception
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for / and insert \ for every instance

Hi, I want to do a sed (linux) or the alternative in PHP to insert a backslash in front of every occurrence of every forward slash ex. /archive/data/stanley --> \/archive\/data\/stanley I appreciate it! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep or sed to search, replace/insert chars!

HI All Im trying to come up with an approach to finding a string, using a portion of that string to insert it on lines starting with the value "GOTO" appending to end of line after removing PT's ( See example below! ) EXAMPLE: 1. I would like to search for the line that starts with "TLAXIS/"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: graymj
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and Insert

I have a following file: # User defined in group admin = boss, sysadmin phpteam = php1, php2, php3 rubyteam = ruby1, ruby2 # SVN root should only be access by boss and system admin @admin = rw * = # Main web repository should only be access by boss and system admin, others... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a certain char and insert new text if a match found

Have a file which has the create statement like below create table emp ( empno integer, empname char(50)) primary index(empno); i need to find a string starting with create and ends with semi-colon ;. if so insert the below statement before create statement rename table emp to emp_rename;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohan0509
2 Replies
Net::Whois::Parser(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::Whois::Parser(3pm)

NAME
Net::Whois::Parser - module for parsing whois information SYNOPSIS
use Net::Whois::Parser; my $info = parse_whois( domain => $domain ); my $info = parse_whois( raw => $whois_raw_text, domain => $domain ); my $info = parse_whois( raw => $whois_raw_text, server => $whois_server ); $info = { nameservers => [ { domain => 'ns.example.com', ip => '123.123.123.123' }, { domain => 'ns.example.com' }, ], emails => [ 'admin@example.com' ], domain => 'example.com', somefield1 => 'value', somefield2 => [ 'value', 'value2' ], ... }; # Your own parsers sub my_parser { my ( $text ) = @_; return { nameservers => [ { domain => 'ns.example.com', ip => '123.123.123.123' }, { domain => 'ns.example.com' }, ], emails => [ 'admin@example.com' ], somefield => 'value', somefield2 => [ 'value', 'value2' ], }; } $Net::Whois::Parser::PARSERS{'whois.example.com'} = &my_parser; $Net::Whois::Parser::PARSERS{'DEFAULT'} = &my_default_parser; # If you want to get all values of fields from all whois answers $Net::Whois::Parser::GET_ALL_VALUES = 1; # example # Net::Whois::Raw returns 2 answers $raw = [ { text => 'key: value1' }, { text => 'key: value2'}]; $data = parse_whois(raw => $raw); # If flag is off parser returns # { key => 'value2' }; # If flag is on parser returns # { key => [ 'value1', 'value2' ] }; # If you want to convert some field name to another: $Net::Whois::Parser::FIELD_NAME_CONV{'Domain name'} = 'domain'; # If you want to format some fields. # I think it is very useful for dates. $Net::Whois::Parser::HOOKS{'expiration_date'} = [ &format_date ]; DESCRIPTION
Net::Whois::Parser module provides Whois data parsing. You can add your own parsers for any whois server. FUNCTIONS
parse_whois(%args) Returns hash of whois data. Arguments: 'domain' - domain 'raw' - raw whois text 'server' - whois server 'which_whois' - option for Net::Whois::Raw::whois. Default value is QRY_ALL CHANGES
See file "Changes" in the distribution AUTHOR
Ivan Sokolov, "<ivsokolov@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009 Ivan Sokolov This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 Net::Whois::Parser(3pm)