Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read a file name that was recently edited when listed using ls command? Post 302594218 by siteregsam on Monday 30th of January 2012 11:24:34 PM
Old 01-31-2012
Thanks balajesuri...

From my analysis i guess, ls -ltr command list files such that recently created file gets listed at the end.
For example, input_20111230.dat ----> file created on 30 Dec

I guess ls -1t input_*.dat | tail -1 will solve my purpose.
Correct me if I am wrong...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

CVSWeb - Directories listed but files not listed

I am using CVSWeb on HPUnix. When i access it, all directories are listed but files are not listed. I am getting the error "NOTE: There are 51 files, but none matches the current tag. " in tomcat sevrer log i am getting the message "rlog warning: Missing revision or branch number after -r"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edited Path in Profile File

Definitely a unix dummy. I edited the paths in the /etc/profile file - following the instructions on an install package. Now can't use vi, cat pg ls or any other unix commands. Guess I'm in big trouble. Path reads MANPATH=/opt/hpnp/man PATH=/opt/hpnpl/bin LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/hpnp/lib ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thewetch
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod command for recently modified files

hello! is there a way for me to use the chmod command to change permissions for several files all at once -based on the fact that these files were all most recently modified TODAY ? I can't use a wildcard on their filenames because the filenames are varied. But I was hoping I could somehow do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: polka_friend
2 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/profile file edited. No command working

I have X4500 and I created a user. I wanted to give him root privileges and for editing the sudoers files I typed visudo sudoers. But it said visudo command not found. After googling I found that we need to set path in etc/profile. I edited that and put the following command ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving file edited whith sed

HI! I have a file that looks like this: >ANKRD30_2kb AAGTAACCAATGCAGGAAACCGAGAGGAGAGGTTTGGAAGGTGGTTTAGTGAGGTAATCCATCTTTTCT AGTGATAAACTGGCACCCAGTCAATTTATTCATCAGAAGGGAATACATCAGCCTGGCGTGGTGGCTCGC CCCCGACCCTGTCAGCGTCACCAGCAGCGCGGATCCATGGGCCAGAAGCCTCTAGGGCGCCTAAGTCAG Number of residues in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanesa1230
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Who edited my text file?

I was editing my text file in gvim & I was getting message that its changed & to load again. I work in a workplace environment with everyone having there username.. How can I know that who edited my file? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishanu
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Notepad++ hang when open file edited in other text editor

Hi, I would like to ask about the notepad++ text editor application, Although there are alternative and more great text editor in linux (gedit, geany, jedit) im still using the notepad++ sometimes cause for some of my own reason one of those is the minimalist text(what i mean is notepad++ has a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture listed files from find command

Hi all, I am using command find $InputPath -type f -mtime +30 However, I need to capture the file listed in screen. May I know how to achieve this? Thank you. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashly
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file and execute the read command

Hi, I am facing issues with the below: I have a lookup file say lookup.lkp.This lookup.lkp file contains strings delimited by comma(,). Now i want to read this command from file and execute it. So my code below is : Contents in the lookup.lkp file is : c_e,m,a,`cd $BOX | ls cef_*|tail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
7 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Stomp has created two threads recently that can't be read

In the past five minutes stomp has created two thread titled "Bug: empty lines get sometimes duplicated in new post". When I try to read either of those threads, Safari gives me a window containing the message shown in the attachment. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Don Cragun
11 Replies
pymcaroitool(1) 					 PyMca X-Ray Fluorescence Toolkit					   pymcaroitool(1)

NAME
pymcaroitool - PyMca region-of-interest imaging X application SYNOPSIS
pymcaroitool [OPTIONS]... [FILE(S)] DESCRIPTION
Start the graphical user interface of the PyMca X-Ray Fluorescence Toolkit region-of-interest imaging tool. This tool is best suited for handling datasets that can be represented by three-dimensional arrays. Typical cases are stacks of images (first dimension is image number) or 2D maps of 1D spectra (last dimension is spectrum channel number). It allows to display maps of particular regions of the spectra or spectra of a particular region of the map. A system of plugins allow to extend the capabilities of this tool. Plugins for multivariate analysis are already built in. If FILE is given, it will be opened in the program provided its format is supported. EXAMPLES
pymcaroitool Start the program with a file browser to select the input files. pymcaroitool file_0001.edf Tries to open the file named file_0001.edf and all indexed files of the form file_????.edf where ???? is a number. pymcaroitool --imagestack=1 file_0001.edf Tries to open the file named file_0001.edf and all indexed files of the form file_????.edf where ???? is a number as a set of images. pymcaroitool uncompressed_tiff_file_0001.tif Tries to open a series of uncompressed TIFF files as an image stack. pymcaroitool --begin=100 --end=200 --filepattern=file_%05d.edf Start the program loading the single indexed files from file_00100.edf to file_00200.edf pymcaroitool --begin=10,100 --end=20,200 --filepattern=row%d_col%03d.dat Load the double indexed files from row10_col100.dat, row10_col101.dat, ... to row20_col00199.dat, row20_col00200.dat CAVEATS
If files f_000.xxx and f_001.xxx are present in the same directory, the program will always try to load both of them unless a cumbersome way using a file pattern is used. SEE ALSO
HDF5, h5py ESRF
March 2012 pymcaroitool(1)