Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to output custom characters in different order Post 302594127 by zaonline on Monday 30th of January 2012 01:47:30 PM
Old 01-30-2012
Thanx drl. I'll try to change your code to fit my need. I have no pre-knowledge off working with perl though

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing characters in order to sort

hi, i want to rename all the file names in order so that they can be sorted later. For example, my filenames are like path\1, path\2...path\10, path\11. But when I sort them, it sorts by the first number, so path\1 gets sorted with path\10. I'm guessing the best way to do this is to rename... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammaman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

output string in reversing order

If I have string { I_love_shell_scripts} anyone knows how to have output {stpircs_llehs_evol_I} by using shell and perl ?I know in perl, there is reverse() funcation, but can it be done by not using reverse()? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help removing characters for output file in shell script

hi i'm new to shell scripts and have a small problem i am running a batch converter that returns all flash .flv files in a directory and create a png image from each one the problem i have is the $1 variable , its ok on the first call but on the secound call $1.png , i have extra... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wingchun22
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Output of Custom package scripts to terminal

Hi, I am doing some testing with creation of depots on HP-UX systems (11.11). Want to display some echo statements based on the processing during checkinstall, pre & postinstall scripts on the terminal. The echo statements are getting directed to /var/adm/sw/swagent.log I want to display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

Custom output on FIND

I have a file, ENV.doc somewhere in my home directory. I want to know where the file is located in my sub directories using FIND. But, I want to display only the relative path along with the file name. Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep output order

The order of egrep output seems to be as they occur in the file. How do I get the order as requested? For e.g. file contents: AAA EEE GGG egrep 'GGG|AAA|EEE' file gives AAA EEE GGG instead of GGG AAA EEE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhavb
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output in correct order?

Hi, while using following awk commend I’m getting confused, The output is not like as the row present in input files, can anyone explain and tell me how to print in the order like in input. value=$(awk 'FNR>1 && NR==FNR{a=$4;next} a{sum+=$4} END {for(i in sum){printf i"\t"sum/2"@@";}}'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Why does output order change?

I have this END section in an awk script: END { for (j in littlebin) { print (j, int(log(j)/log(2)) , littlebin) lbsum+=littlebin } for (i in bins) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom wget output

The below hides the messy commands of wget #!/bin/bash cd 'C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget' wget -O getCSV.txt http://172.24.188.113/data/getCSV.csv progressfilt () { local flag=false c count cr=$'\r' nl=$'\n' while IFS='' read -d '' -rn 1 c do if $flag ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking custom output

i have data that can look like this: echo "Master_Item_Service_is_down=0_njava_lang_NoClassDefFoundError=0_njava_lang_OutOfMemoryError=1_nemxCommonAppInitialization__Error_while_initializing=0_nINFO__Stopping_Coyote_HTTP_1_1_on_http_8080=7_nThe_file_or_directory_is_corrupted_and_unreadable=0_n" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies
elf_version(3E) 														   elf_version(3E)

NAME
elf_version() - coordinate ELF library and application versions SYNOPSIS
Command: [flag]... file... [library]... DESCRIPTION
As elf(3E) explains, the program, the library, and an object file have independent notions of the "latest" ELF version. lets a program determine the ELF library's It further lets the program specify what memory types it uses by giving its own ver, to the library. Every program that uses the ELF library must coordinate versions as described below. The header file supplies the version to the program with the macro If the library's internal version (the highest version known to the library) is lower than that known by the program itself, the library may lack semantic knowledge assumed by the program. Accordingly, will not accept a working version unknown to the library. Passing a ver equal to causes to return the library's internal version, without altering the working version. If ver is a version known to the library, returns the previous (or initial) working version number. Otherwise, the working version remains unchanged and returns EXAMPLES
The following excerpt from an application program protects itself from using an older library. if (elf_version(EV_CURRENT) == EV_NONE) { /* library out of date */ /* recover from error */ } WARNINGS
The working version should be the same for all operations on a particular ELF descriptor. Changing the version between operations on a descriptor will probably not give the expected results. SEE ALSO
elf(3E), elf_begin(3E), elf_xlate(3E). elf_version(3E)