Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Same KSH behaving differently on diff servers Post 302594100 by ramakrishnakini on Monday 30th of January 2012 12:27:20 PM
Old 01-30-2012
MySQL

Thank you for your suggestions methyl and jim. Will try them out both and let you know Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script behaving differently in Crontab..

I posted this in Shell scripting... maybe I'll try it in this forum.. ***************** I wrote a script to stop a process,truncate its log files and re-start the process... We are using Progress Software in Unix ( Sun Sparc) When ever I start this progress program , it should kick off a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoxinu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script behaving differently in Crontab..

Hi, I wrote a script to stop a process,truncate its log files and re-start the process... We are using Progress Software in Unix ( Sun Sparc) When ever I start this progress program , it should kick off a C pgm in the background.. The script work perfectly fine when I run it from command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoxinu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script behaving differently on two servers

All, I have a script that runs on 2 servers and there seems to be something wrong. It's producing different results on the 2 servers. Here is the script on server1 which is behaving correctly but on 2 behaving differently. 2nd server: I couldn't make out whats the error is?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhssatya
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk command behaving differntly on 2 servers--urgent

Hi I am using awk command for string replacement. I have 2 servers. The command runs perfectly well on 1st server On the second server when i run the command on the same datset The command gets stuck while processing a large piece of record.. Does it have anything to with setting on the 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is a variable behaving differently in ksh script.

Guys i have strange behaviour with command output being saved in a variable instead of a tmp file. 1. I suck command output into a variable Sample command output # cleanstats DRIVE INFO: ---------- Drv Type Mount Time Frequency Last Cleaned Comment *** ****... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lavascript
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

how to cp between servers on diff network

Hi, how can i sftp or scp between 2 servers, when only i am able to ping to them. they are on different network 10.130.170.31 -- server 1 10.130.230.141 -- server 2 i need to transfer data files from 1 to 2. need your suggestions or help on these. Regards saha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and cut behaving differently

I have attached a file with few records. First 2 characters of each record are binary characters. I can remove it by and it works fine. But is behaving differently and removing more than expected characters. Can someone help me in accomplishing it through sed? Thanks in advance. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

jobs command behaving differently in script

Here is my test script: #!/bin/sh result=`jobs` echo " Jobs: "$result result=`ls` echo " LS "$result Here is the output: Jobs: LS 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 gcd initialize.sh #inter_round_clean.sh# inter_round_clean.sh inter_round_clean.sh~ look parallel_first_run.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nealh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparision of two directories of diff servers

Hi All, I have transferred some directory structures from server1 to server2 by creating a tar files. Now i need to cross check whether I transferred entire structures or not. Is there any command to check this on each individual server. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
2 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Different partitions of a drive behaving differently in Windows

I have a memory card of my Nokia N73 attached to laptop. There are a few partitions. Why all partitions behave differently? As clear from the attachments, for some partition, delete option is disabled. See 'Disk 1' which is my memory card. Here, patition 'G' (CHECK), i created in windows. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
6 Replies
Munin::Node::Configure::Plugin(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Munin::Node::Configure::Plugin(3pm)

NAME
Munin::Node::Configure::Plugin - Class representing a plugin, along with its installed and suggested services. SYNOPSIS
my $plugin = Munin::Node::Configure::Plugin->new(); METHODS
new(%args) Constructor. Required arguments are 'name' and 'path', which should be the basename and full path of the plugin, respectively. is_wildcard() Returns true if the plugin is a wildcard. In the case of SNMP plugins, only double-wild plugins will return true (ie. 'snmp__memory' would return false, but 'snmp__if_' would return true). is_snmp() Returns true if the plugin is an SNMP plugin. in_family(@families) Returns true if plugin's family is in @families, false otherwise. is_installed() Returns 'yes' if one or more links to this plugin exist in the service directory, 'no' otherwise. suggestion_string() Returns a string detailing whether or not autoconf considers that the plugin should be installed. The string may also report the reason why the plugin declined to be installed, or the list of suggestions it provided, if this information is available. installed_services_string() Returns a string detailing which wildcards are installed for this plugin. services_to_add() services_to_remove() Return a list of service names that should be added or removed for this plugin. add_instance($name) Associates a link from the service directory with this plugin. add_suggestions(@suggestions) Adds @suggestions to the list of suggested wildcards for this plugin. They are not validated. read_magic_markers() Sets the family and capabilities from the magic markers embedded in the plugin's executable, as specified by http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/ConcisePlugins#Magicmarkers <http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/ConcisePlugins#Magicmarkers> parse_autoconf_response(@response) Parses and validates the autoconf response from the plugin, in the format specified by http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/ConcisePlugins#autoconf <http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/ConcisePlugins#autoconf> Invalid input will cause an error to be logged against the plugin. parse_suggest_response(@response) Validates the suggestions from the plugin. Invalid suggestions will cause an error to be logged against the plugin. parse_snmpconf_response(@response) Parses and validates the snmpconf response from the plugin, in the format specified by http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/ConcisePlugins#suggest <http://munin-monitoring.org/wiki/ConcisePlugins#suggest> Invalid or inconsistent input will cause an error to be logged against the plugin. log_error($message) Logs an error for later retrieval. The error will also be displayed if debugging output is enabled. perl v5.14.2 2013-11-12 Munin::Node::Configure::Plugin(3pm)