Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma Post 302594044 by Corona688 on Monday 30th of January 2012 10:02:54 AM
Old 01-30-2012
Code:
awk -F, -v OFS="\t" '{ $1=$1 } 1' filename > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix

Hi, Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
22 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a tab delimiter file

I have a 30 column tab delimited record file. I need to extract the first 10column. The following command to cut was not working cut -f 1-10 -d "\t" filename. Could any one keep on this . Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod.thayil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data in a file by using tab delimiter

Hi, I need to append the data in to a file by using tab delimiter. eg: echo "Data1" >> filename.txt echo "\t" >> filename.txt (its not working) echo "Data2" >> filename.txt. the result sould be like this. Data1 Data2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace comma(,) with Tab

hi all, i have a file with commas(,). i want to replace all the commas with tab(\t). Plz help...its urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Comma by Tab

Hi All, i have a file test.txt as shown below, 1,test,test111 2,rest,rest222 i want to replace the commas by tab delimiter.., it should be like, 1 test test111 2 rest rest222 i tried the following code, sed 's/,/\\t/g' test.txt >> ouptut.txt (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious Sam
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data into Comma Delimiter.

Hi, Requirement: Exporting data from Oracle to UNIX into "Comma" delimiter. Help Needed: I was able to connect to Oracle and import the data. But please let me know while importing the data I need to make it into Comma delimiter flat file. For Example: Source Data - 100 ABC TLead... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert comma delimited file to tab separator

Hi all, How can i convert comma delimited .csv file to tab separate using sed command or script. Thanks, Krupa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma delimiter by newline

The input file is as below AR,age,marks,roll,section,evin,25,80,456,A,atch,23,56,789,B,eena,24 ,78H245,C,Ps,ot,ecessary,hat,ame comes first then age and rest AR AZ,kevin,25,80,456,A,Satch,23,56,789,Satch,23,56,789,B,Meena,24,78,H245,C,AZ ................ ................ I am writting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies
SHAPELIB(1)							   User Commands						       SHAPELIB(1)

NAME
shprewind - fix polygon ring orientations in ESRI shapefiles SYNOPSIS
shprewind infile outfile DESCRIPTION
Makes a copy of the shapefile infile to outfile and fixes the orientation of points in the rings of Polygon, PolygonZ, and PolygonM typed shapes to conform to the shapefile specification. According to the specification, the vertices of outer rings should be oriented clockwise on the X/Y plane, and those of inner rings counterclockwise. Shapefiles actually consist of two files with the same basename and extensions .shp and .shx (or .SHP and .SHX) containing the shape data and shape index respectively. The files to open are determined by first stripping any filename extension from infile and attempting to open the files infile.shp or infile.SHP, and infile.shx or infile.SHX for the respective data and index files. The files to create from outfile are determined by stripping any filename extension from outfile and appending .shp and .shx suffixes for the respective data and index files. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful program execution. 1 Missing infile or outfile arguments, failed to open shapefile infile or create shapefile outfile. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued on stdout: Unable to open:infile Unable to create:outfile count objects rewound. AUTHORS
Frank Warmerdam (warmerdam@pobox.com) is the maintainer of the shapelib shapefile library. Joonas Pihlaja (jpihlaja@cc.helsinki.fi) wrote this man page. BUGS
The implementation assumes that there is at most one outer ring in each shape, that it is the first ring in a shape, and all other rings in a shape are inner rings. Polygons inside MultiPatch shape types aren't rewound. SEE ALSO
dbfadd(1), dbfcreate(1), dbfdump(1), dbf_dump(1), shpadd(1), shpcreate(1), shpdump(1) shapelib OCTOBER 2004 SHAPELIB(1)