Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Making a Tab delimiter file to Comma Post 302594044 by Corona688 on Monday 30th of January 2012 10:02:54 AM
Old 01-30-2012
Code:
awk -F, -v OFS="\t" '{ $1=$1 } 1' filename > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix

Hi, Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
22 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cutting a tab delimiter file

I have a 30 column tab delimited record file. I need to extract the first 10column. The following command to cut was not working cut -f 1-10 -d "\t" filename. Could any one keep on this . Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod.thayil
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data in a file by using tab delimiter

Hi, I need to append the data in to a file by using tab delimiter. eg: echo "Data1" >> filename.txt echo "\t" >> filename.txt (its not working) echo "Data2" >> filename.txt. the result sould be like this. Data1 Data2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace comma(,) with Tab

hi all, i have a file with commas(,). i want to replace all the commas with tab(\t). Plz help...its urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Comma by Tab

Hi All, i have a file test.txt as shown below, 1,test,test111 2,rest,rest222 i want to replace the commas by tab delimiter.., it should be like, 1 test test111 2 rest rest222 i tried the following code, sed 's/,/\\t/g' test.txt >> ouptut.txt (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious Sam
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delimiter: Tab or Space?

Hello, Is there a direct command to check if the delimiter in your file is a tab or a space? And how can they be converted from one to another. Thanks, G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma delimiter and space

I have a csv file and there is a problem which I need to resolve. Column1,Column2,Colum3,Column4 ,x,y,z ,d,c,v t,l,m,n ,h,s,k ,k,,y z,j, ,p Now if you see column1 for row 1 and row 4 though they are null there is a space but in case of row2 and row 5 there is no space. I want row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data into Comma Delimiter.

Hi, Requirement: Exporting data from Oracle to UNIX into "Comma" delimiter. Help Needed: I was able to connect to Oracle and import the data. But please let me know while importing the data I need to make it into Comma delimiter flat file. For Example: Source Data - 100 ABC TLead... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert comma delimited file to tab separator

Hi all, How can i convert comma delimited .csv file to tab separate using sed command or script. Thanks, Krupa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma delimiter by newline

The input file is as below AR,age,marks,roll,section,evin,25,80,456,A,atch,23,56,789,B,eena,24 ,78H245,C,Ps,ot,ecessary,hat,ame comes first then age and rest AR AZ,kevin,25,80,456,A,Satch,23,56,789,Satch,23,56,789,B,Meena,24,78,H245,C,AZ ................ ................ I am writting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies
priv_str_to_set(3)					     Library Functions Manual						priv_str_to_set(3)

NAME
priv_str_to_set(), priv_set_to_str() - privilege name to set conversion function SYNOPSIS
Parameters priv_list The list of privilege names, passed as a string, separated by one or more characters from delimiter. It may also contain the compound privileges (basic, basicroot, and policy). delimiter Separates the privileges in priv_list. index_ptr If an error occurs while parsing the list of privilege names, the pointer pointed to by index_ptr is set to point to the remainder of the string after the error occurred, so long as index_ptr is not a NULL pointer. delimiter Separates the individual privilege names by any of the specified characters. If delimiter is a NULL character, the default delimiter of comma is used. flag Bit mask with the following bit positions defined: Exactly one of the two flags must be passed. When flag is the resulting string uses the compound privileges and to arrive at a short representation. priv_vec Specifies privilege set. DESCRIPTION
priv_str_to_set Conversion converts a list of privilege names to a privilege set. priv_list is a string consisting of privilege names and/or compound privileges. The individual elements in the string are separated by one or more characters of delimiter . Any privilege in the list priv_list can be optionally preceded by an exclamation mark to be interpreted as removal. For example, means all privileges in the compound privilege except the privilege. The string is case-insensitive. prefix is optional to a privilege name. For example, and all have the same meaning. priv_list is interpreted left to right, so the string is the same as an empty list of privileges, while is the same as For a list of valid privileges (both individual privileges and compound privileges), see privileges(5). priv_set_to_str Conversion converts a privilege set to a string of privilege names separated by the character specified by delimiter . RETURN VALUE
and return the following values: pointer Successful completions. Returns a non-null pointer. The caller of is responsible for freeing the result using the The caller of is responsible for freeing the result using the NULL pointer Function failed. Returns a null pointer and sets to indicate the error . ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the functions fail and set Cannot allocate enough memory for the given data. One or more arguments are invalid. EXAMPLES
#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/privileges.h> #define priv_list "PRIV_CHOWN,PRIV_CHROOT,PRIV_DACREAD" main() { char *index; priv_set_t * priv_vector; if ( (priv_vector = priv_str_to_set( priv_list, NULL, &index)) == NULL ) { perror("priv_str_to_set Failed"); if (index) printf("Invalid privilege name starting at %s ", index); exit(1); } printf("The privileges in the given privilege vector are %s ", priv_set_to_str( priv_vector, NULL, PRIV_STR_SHORT) ); } DEPENDENCIES
and are both part of the library. SEE ALSO
privset_free(3), privileges(5). priv_str_to_set(3)